Every month, thousands of customers around Europe buy on zooplus, this is a challenge for the optimization of zooplus’s processes that can only be tackled using information derived from all the raw data that we collect.
In this team you’ll be building an internal data application that will allow other product teams to create intelligent applications easily through analytical API endpoints that are dynamically created through a web interface by the analytical teams and data scientists that work aggregating this raw data. The result will be an enabler for putting intelligence into productive applications.
In this role you will have the opportunity to be working in an agile team, goal oriented, and with other experienced engineers in the construction of this platform. You will lead the Frontend development in the beginning but will also contribute to the rest of the needs of the team like Backend development, DevOps and will help the rest of the team on improving their frontend skills.
Our way of working is composed of Scrum, Extreme Programming (XP) and Lean Software practices. The cross-functional dev team holds full ownership, from idea to production with a DevOps mindset: you build it you run it.
What you will be responsible for
We’re looking for a person that will help the team with Full-Stack Development of the Web Application of our data platform:
- Full stack web application development with a variety of languages and tools.
- Implement backend services in a variety of languages including Scala.
- Work with Amazon Web Services.
- Develop and design the web UI of our applications with performance, scalability and simplicity in mind and following best practices for frontend software development.
- Write tests and document your artifacts.
- Propose and implement best practices.
- You build it, you run it, you own it. From development to production.
What we are looking for
To work together in an optimal way in this position, we wish your qualifications to include:
- (Desirable) BS/M. Tech in Computer Science or related field.
- +5 Yeas of experience in software development.
- Expertise in Frontend and Backend best practices.
- Familiar with Human-Computer Interaction and the principles of User Experience.
- Knowledge of Scrum and familiarity with how they apply in the software development context.
- Willing to work with cloud technologies in Amazon Web Services.
- Comfortable with the idea of cross-functional teams.
- Fluent English.
What we are offering you
Become a part of our success story and seize the opportunity to take on a real challenge in a dynamically growing company where there is huge scope for development and short decision-making processes. We are offering you a versatile, international-facing role in our motivated team with colleagues from all over Europe. Our Spanish office is at a great location in Madrid, with great infrastructure links. Additionally, we offer many benefits such as:
✈ 28 labour days of vacation (plus December 24th and 31st)
⌚ Flexibility first. Enter from 7 am to 10 am and organise yourself.
🏠 Remote working flexibility (up to 60% remote).
🏬 Offices in the city center of Madrid. Modern working spaces with table tennis, foosball, fresh fruit, beverages and company events.
🏥 Private medical healthcare insurance for all our employees.
📖 Continuous development through internal and external training opportunities.
🎤 Participate in the technology community through our meetups and conferences.
✏ English, German and Spanish language courses.
💲 Discount in our zooplus shop for all our employees.
🤝 Referral program. You will receive a bonus by helping us finding the best talent.
🌍 We encourage diversity, meet our motivated and friendly teammates from over 50 nationalities.
Did we make you curious?
Then send us your application in English via our online application form