Are you a talented Senior Full Stack Engineer with 5 years experience and fluent spoken and written English looking for an exciting role where you can take your skills to the next level? Would you like to join a fast-growing international startup and shape the future of how products are designed, prototyped and manufactured? If this sounds interesting, then we'd love to hear from you.
Please include a COVER LETTER with your CV (in English) when applying, detailing how you meet the criteria set below in the ABOUT YOU section... And also why you want to join Wikifactory, and any questions you have for us.
Location: Fully remote. Option to work from our offices in Madrid, London and Copenhagen.
Package: very attractive package for the right person.
Wikifactory is the fastest place on the web to get a physical product made with just a laptop and an internet connection. Zero training and zero configuration required. We have a global community of over 100,000 engineers, designers, makers and over 100 hardware startups across 190 countries. They have made over 5,000 products across several industries: drones for reforestation, electric vehicles and future tech (Hyperloop pods and flying cars), agri-tech solutions, smart furniture and IoT devices, robotics, biotech lab equipment, and most recently medical devices and PPE during the Covid-19 crisis.
As a SaaS platform for collaborative product development of physical things, we are uniquely positioned for discussing CAD design and engineering topics. We have a powerful 3D file embed feature which makes it possible to directly view and inspect CAD designs of over 30+ formats directly in content on the browser, without the need of a plug-in or extension. In addition we have launched a first-of-its kind collaborative 3D file viewer for live, on-the-go, product development between virtual teams on an agile web-based and open-source PLM system.
Wikifactory’s client-side applications are just as technical as our backend applications. We are looking for a Full-Stack engineer to focus on front-end engineering.
The ideal candidate will be highly technical and enjoy solving challenging problems, such as:
- Building user-facing features with everything from database models to resolvers and queries.
- Solving collaborative text editing or similar algorithmic merging problems.
- Improving the client’s performance via profiling and benchmarking.
- Enhancing reliability by developing testing infrastructures.
- Developing API integrations.
- Creating server-side rendering infrastructures to improve load times.
- Visualising and/or parsing PCB files.
As our future Full-Stack engineer, you will play a key role in (1) enhancing our social networking capabilities to better serve the needs of product designers and manufacturers, (2) improving our version control and continuous integration system for physical products as well as (3) designing and creating a revolutionary open marketplace for digital manufacturing - set to change the way people prototype hardware products and manufacture them.
We use carefully selected technologies to build maintainable systems, so we can continuously make progress on a solid foundation. Our stack includes:
- ES6/React front-end with styled-components.
- Apollo/GraphQL data queries and mutations.
- MobX for data stores and processing logic.
- Slate.js based rich-media text editor.
- Puppeteer for server-side rendering.
- Python and Golang backend environments.
- Postgres and Dgraph (Graph database).
- WebAssembly based 3D viewer.
- Github, ZenHub, Slack, Notion
- Strong software engineering background.
- Fluent in English with strong technical communication skills.
HOW TO APPLY
- Please include a cover letter stating why you fit this profile and why you want to join Wikifactory
- A link to code you’re particularly proud of. Provide a description of what it does and why you’re proud of it.
WHY WORK AT WIKIFACTORY
- Join an exciting start-up with ambitious plans in a fast-growing, multi-billion dollar industry
- Apply your experience in a disruptive technology area that is impacting every aspect of product development
- Gain unparalleled access to innovation communities in China and around the world