Would you like to join a fast-growing international startup and shape the future of how products are designed, prototyped and manufactured?
Wikifactory is the world’s first social platform for collaborative product development which enables teams to design together, prototype faster, and manufacture smarter. Inspired by the workflows of agile and open source software development, we are building the tools to accelerate the development of (physical) products. Our community includes designers, engineers, makers, technologists, teachers, students and other creative problem solvers. Covering industries, including robotics and drones, electric vehicles, 3d printers, biotech, agri-tech, and smart furniture, our community spread across 130 countries and has published over 1000 open source hardware design projects on the platform.
Headquartered in Hong Kong with offices in Madrid and Shenzhen, Wikifactory is on a mission to connect the productive capacity of smart manufacturing with the creative potential of people through open standards and intuitive interfaces - an "Internet of Production".
Wikifactory’s client-side applications are just as technical as our backend applications. We are looking for a Full-Stack engineer to focus on front-end engineering.
The ideal candidate will be highly technical and enjoy solving challenging problems, such as:
- Building user-facing features with everything from database models to resolvers and queries.
- Solving collaborative text editing or similar algorithmic merging problems.
- Improving the client’s performance via profiling and benchmarking.
- Enhancing reliability by developing testing infrastructures.
- Developing API integrations.
- Creating server-side rendering infrastructures to improve load times.
- Visualising and/or parsing PCB files.
As our future Full-Stack engineer, you will play a key role in (1) enhancing our social networking capabilities to better serve the needs of product designers and manufacturers, (2) improving our version control and continuous integration system for physical products as well as (3) designing and creating a revolutionary open marketplace for digital manufacturing - set to change the way people prototype hardware products and manufacture them.
We use carefully selected technologies to build maintainable systems, so we can continuously make progress on a solid foundation. Our stack includes
- ES6/React front-end with styled-components.
- Apollo/GraphQL data queries and mutations.
- MobX for data stores and processing logic.
- Slate.js based rich-media text editor.
- Puppeteer for server-side rendering.
- Python and Golang backend environments.
- Postgres and Dgraph (Graph database).
- WebAssembly based 3D viewer.
- Github, ZenHub, Slack, Notion
- Strong software engineering background.
- Fluent in English with strong technical communication skills.
Why work at Wikifactory
Would you like to join an international and fast growing Startup where you can play an important part in shaping its future? How about an opportunity to take part of next-generation social impact solutions in a highly collaborative work environment, where space for professional development is taken very seriously? Interesting, right?
- Join an exciting start-up with ambitious plans in a fast growing, multi-billion dollar industry
- Apply your experience in a disruptive technology area that is impacting every aspect of product development
- Gain unparalleled access to innovation communities in China and around the World
45-65,000€ per annum depending on experience.