YOUR JOBAs a full stack engineer in the Product Engineering team, you will be responsible for:
- Developing charts that visualize data from our database using d3.js and other graphics frameworks.
- Building the web applications that the Data Engineering, Data Science and Customer Success teams use internally to power all our platforms.
YOUR SKILLSIn order to build our suite of applications, you will need to bring your skills and knowledge around these technologies:
- VueJS, as it is our JS framework of choice, but you may also be proficient in another modern JS framework like React, Angular, Ember or Svelte instead and that’s fine, we will help you get up to speed with VueJS (and you’ll love it!).
- Django, the framework we use for all server-side code. Sometimes we throw in also Django Rest Framework to develop our APIs.
- HTML5 and CSS. We do care about using the right CSS rules and markup and structuring them the right way.
- SQL and some database administration knowledge, mainly for PostgreSQL. We build some awesome queries and we care about them being fast and well formed. We have even built our own database ORM backend for Django.
- Git, as it is the version control system our whole company uses and it’s deeply integrated in our development process.
- English: half of the company doesn't speak Spanish and your job involves some written and spoken communication with people in other countries and timezones (and with different cultures by the way).
BONUS POINTSYou will learn on the job many of the other tech pieces we use. Of course it will be easier if you are already familiar with any of them:
- Command line interface, Linux administration.
- CSS preprocessors (Stylus).
- Asynchronous Python: Django Q and RabbitMQ with Celery.
The Product Engineering team is responsible for building the web apps both our clients and teams use.
Backed by the huge and amazing data collected by our Data Engineering team and finely enriched by our Data Science team, we’ve created a platform that allows our clients to easily manipulate and visualize the state of the fashion, home and beauty markets in such a powerful way they trust their decisions on it.
We support that data with other tools, used by the rest of the StyleSage teams. Be it managing internal processes, data science models or user behaviour, we provide our teammates a way to do their job much easier, just like we do with our clients.
You will have the chance to work on all these projects and make an impact in the core of all of them, we always welcome different opinions and new points of view.
Our motto is "We love data". And we love technology that deals with data because it enables us to do incredible things... things that are valuable for our customers and that sustain a business.
StyleSage is (no longer) a startup founded 5 years ago with offices in New York and Madrid. Madrid is the home for our core technical team of around 20 people. It's an open, diverse and inclusive team of very skilled and talented individuals that are happy to collaborate, share knowledge and enjoy building great software together. We are looking forward to welcoming additional members for this team.
WHAT WE OFFER
- First and foremost: permanent contract and competitive salary.
- Teams are made of people, not resources.
- Open, diverse and inclusive environment.
- A challenging and fun project to work and grow with, with the latest technologies, best practices and light speed evolution, all in a friendly, relaxed and positive environment.
- Fixed yearly training budget to spend on english classes, courses, books, or conferences your brand new laptop with OS of your choice (we recommend MacOSX or any flavor of Linux).
- A team of colleagues that will share a lot of knowledge with you (we have weekly in-depth internal talks).
- A place to work in the center of Madrid (we have an office in a co-working space in Avenida de América).
- Working hours are flexible and you can work remotely when needed, although you will miss the fruit and coffee/tea we stock in the office.