Firedrop was established in 2015 to solve a singular challenge: how to automate design at scale. We address this challenge with a combination of modern web-based technologies, artificial intelligence and machine learning, through products such as an automated webpage builder as well as bespoke technology builds for large businesses. We work with some of the world's biggest brands on projects from automating mass digital ad design to automating package design processes for multi-billion dollar consumer products companies.
We're a talented team of 6 people at the moment, all highly curious and technically minded in different ways, based around Europe. We currently work remotely but will be building up teams in Amsterdam and London in the near future, so a preference for one of those two locations is ideal, but at minimum you must be based in Europe for timezone reasons (we work around UK time).
You will need to be a creative problem solver, as much of the work requires creative approaches to unique technical challenges which often don't have much - if any - coverage on sites such as Stack Overflow.
The complexity of the software is also a key component. Much of what we are building is concerned with complex data structures (including SVGs) as well as the inevitable complexities of scaling an app out into large organisations. As such, you will need to have a strong engineering mindset with the ability to think through problems in a structured way. Or to put it another way, you should be able to produce robust, tested code that will stand up in production.
- Building robust frontend apps with the Vue.js framework, including unit tests
- Creating custom single-file components for use in the interfaces
- Developing applications for parsing and working with XML structures including SVG data
- Writing clean, well-documented and well-tested code with strong adherence to modern ECMAscript standards
- Optimising applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Working with the team to solve complex challenges and contributing ideas and solutions regularly
Skills and qualifications
- Basic understanding of web markup, including HTML5 and CSS3
- Experience of working with the Vue.js framework or a similar framework such as React
- Experience of working with state management systems, preferably Vuex
- Experience of writing unit tests in tools such as Jest or Mocha
- Familiarity with frontend build tools, particularly Webpack
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools including Git
- Good understanding of browser rendering behavior and performance
- Bachelors degree in computer science
- Excellent communication skills