As a senior frontend / full stack developer (m/f) in our ProductCore team you will focus on the frontend of services that power the core business processes of our global marketplaces for RV rentals.
You are not purely frontend focused but an experienced full stack developer with a love for building state-of-the-art web frontends, single page applications and mobile apps.
You hate using jQuery and frameworkless HTML for the UI - you rather use a solid framework such as Angular and Bootstrap to build a component based frontend architecture.
You are up for the daunting task of migrating our web frontends to the new architecture.
You enjoy working in agile teams
in close collaboration with product owners and individual stakeholders
and continuously drive your team for optimal performance.
You embrace DevOps culture from the heart - you run what you build on our containerized cloud infrastructure.
You eagerly want to collaborate on enhancing our overall architecture as well as the internals of our codebase on a day-to-day base.
- You take full ownership of the frontends and apps you build or refactor from architecture to coding, testing, operations and continuous optimization in the wild based on the metrics you implement
- You continuously optimize architecture, infrastructure and tooling to maximize the efficiency of yourself and your team
- You drive the impact of yourself and your team for our business by constantly challenging priorities and participating in ideation of new features with the POs
- You stay on top of the latest technologies and tricks of the trade and constantly challenge yourself
- You have at least two years of experience implementing near pixel-perfect and cross browser responsive web design based on creative input from our UX and design team
- You have at least two years of experience with Angular or React
- You have a proven track record in writing elegant code and follow established software design patterns and MV* concepts
- You have at least one year of experience using a well known testing framework such as Jasmine or Jest and have used end-to-end testing frameworks such as Selenium
- You have at least one year of experience with Ionic or React native
- You have experience with design and development of REST APIs for integration into web applications. Experience with OpenAPI/Swagger is a plus
- You have at least one year of experience with coding backend software using a modern framework. Experience with PHP and Symfony 3 is a plus
- Having developed a Wordpress Theme yourself and/or having achieved a near perfect score with Google Pagespeed Insights for one of the Websites you built is a plus
- You have at least experimented with Docker. Experience with modern CI/CD pipelines, Docker Swarm and AWS is a plus
- You have at least two years of experience with agile development practices including pair programming, test driven development, prototyping, continuous integration and deployment
- You have solid english language skills, German is not required
- A team of open minded professionals with an ego-free culture
- A uniquely dynamic working environment with flat hierarchies and fast decision making processes
- The chance to be part of our fast-growing company and executing the global rollout of our marketplaces
- A dynamic and creative team of over fourteen nationalities, entrepreneurial spirit and great working atmosphere
- A bright and spacious office in the heart of Berlin's City West, three terraces and a view across the city
- Club Mate, a great coffee machine and fresh organic fruits
- Team events, free yoga classes, German classes, annual camping weekend trip with the whole team
- A competitive salary including a budget for conference visits and certifications
- Macbook Pro Retina with Touchbar and two additional screens