Rocket Internet incubates and invests in Internet companies with proven business models. It provides operational support to its companies and helps them scale internationally. Rocket Internet focuses predominantly on four industry sectors of online and mobile retail and services that make up a significant share of consumer spending: Food & Groceries, Fashion, General Merchandise and Home & Living. Rocket Internet’s selected companies are active in a large number of countries around the world with more than 28,000 employees.
Whatever technologies, languages, or development environments you’ve been using, we expect you have mastered them in depth. Growing at an incredible pace we’re looking for sharp, passionate engineers that help us make our companies the best in the world.
What we offer
- Agile, cross-functional team with lots of responsibility on the team level
- Build platforms and web applications for our startup companies that reach millions of users in 110+ countries every day
- Many opportunities to grow on a personal and professional level
- Work with great people
- Flat management hierarchy
- Challenging projects
- Competitive salary
- Relocation package ensuring a smooth transition to work and live in Berlin
- Delivering value in small, manageable increments
- Ownership and self-management
- Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, XP)
- Continuous improvement of the codebase and processes
- Clean code and testing
- Table soccer, beer, and board games
Good understanding of UX/UI, able to work with and without designers
Ability to write HTML, CSS that works across browsers and devices
Familiar with at least one modern JS framework like React, Redux, Angular, vue.js, ..
Ability to work together with backends and APIs implemented in PHP or Python
Good understanding of performance, SEO, and tracking
Practicing good software engineering practices around clean code, reviews, and tests
Pragmatic usage of patterns and new technologies
Fluent English speaking & writing skills
University degree in Computer Science or an equivalent professional education
Technologies we use
- Rocket uses a broad variety of technologies depending on the use case.
- HTML/CSS stack: Responsive desktop & mobile web, SASS, LESS, Bootstrap
- JS stack: ES6, Webpack, React, Redux, Angular, vue.js, Node.js, Express.js
- PHP stack: PHP5.6 - PHP7.1, Phalcon, Symfony2, Symfony3
- Mobile stack: Swift, Kotlin, Java, Objective-C, React Native, HockeyApp, Firebase, Accengage, Adjust, Appboy, Espresso, Earlgrey
- Tools: GitHub, Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, Jenkins
- Server stack: Amazon Web Services, Docker, Lambda, Serverless Framework, ElasticSearch, Redis, MySQL, Postgres
- Third party services: api.ai, Facebook messenger, Alexa, Google Assistant
We at Rocket´s Recruitment Team would be happy to receive your application in English.
About Rocket Internet