Join a fast-growing portfolio of consumer digital media properties that total 30M users per month. If you are looking to help establish modern development practices and to provide frontend development guidance to other teams, then we want to speak with you.
Above all else, you are a software artisan with a passionate desire to craft elegant yet pragmatic solutions for every task you are given. This role spans leadership and planning, you will report directly to the Product Manager.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain and enhance the existing codebase.
- Implement page layouts, features, and changes according to
mockups created by our graphic design team and/or written requirements.
- Mature the site's frontend development practices and
delivery; HTML/templates; automated testing; page speed optimization;
and other tools/processes you deem appropriate.
- Guide the transition of the site's frontend infrastructure
to a more modern approach to layout implementation and client-side
- Mentor other developers working both on this site and other projects who are utilizing a wide variety of technologies.
- Coordinate with our product, graphic design, and content teams to understand requirements.
- Architect and implement code and processes following industry standards and best practices.
What you will need to be successful:
- Proficient in mobile-first and responsive design practices
as well as being able to adapt a given design to a variety content
situations and viewport sizes.
- Experience problem solving and debugging client-side code on a wide variety of platforms.
- Deep understanding of how web browsers process and render web pages.
- Constantly learning new technologies.
- Knowledge of software engineering fundamentals, including:
- 5+ years working in frontend development.
- Experience doing some server-side programming in conjunction with frontend development work a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and oral.
Why you want this job:
- LoveToKnow brings Silicon Valley ways to Barcelona.
- LoveToKnow operates several of our own websites. Your
work and input will be integral to the growth of our proprietary
- Your work will be high impact and high visibility.
- We have a flat organizational structure and you will
work directly with the product managers under the regional
- You will be part of a superb team of professionals building one of the fastest growing brand names on the net.
- Offices at a premium location in Barcelona.
- LoveToKnow gives you the best tools you may need to develop your tasks: laptop, screen, etc.
- Room to self-organize your time.
- Technical training/meetups covered by the company.
- Recognition and rewards for excellent work.
Official website, founding date, employees, how did it all begin... Do you know the whole story?Tell Us!