Engineering is at the heart of our start-up. It is our long-term mission and passion to design financial solutions for our customers that enable them to focus on realising their entrepreneurial dreams. To this end, we have gathered some of the most stubborn experts in the industry. As a diverse collection of personalities, we share one drive: using our knowledge to set new standards and make our customers succeed in their business.
We are looking for a great Senior Frontend Software Engineer who is proficient in React. Your primary focus will be on developing user interface components. You will ensure that these components and the overall application are robust and easy to maintain. What happens on the micro-services backend is not magic to you; it’s just a different specialisation and you are comfortable acting as part of the full stack team. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and a top quality product is important.
Some key characteristics that describe you:
* You just love to code, and improve every day
* You have 4+ years of experience on fast-paced web applications and products
* You strive for clean maintainable code, and know how to test thoroughly
* You have worked with agile processes and in small companies
* You’re pragmatic and have a history of getting things launched
* You’re a self-starter who will seek out product improvements on your own
Apart from that, you’ll work with a team of peers who are smart, professional, pull their own weight, and share a passion for what they’re creating.
You strongly relate to the following:
* Extensive experience of React and its core principles
* Experience with state manager Redux
* Deep familiarity with RESTful APIs
* Familiarity with GraphQL (Apollo) is valuable
* Knowledge of modern authorisation mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token, SAML, OAuth2
* Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
* Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, Jest, etc
As a young start-up, backed by one of the largest banks in the Netherlands, with deep knowledge of financing, a modern cloud-base system and a clear growth path, you have a tremendous opportunity for long term growth, impact on customers and technology learning.
We would love to welcome you to our easy accessible international office in one of the most tech-hottest parts in Amsterdam where we are part of a vibrant co-working space in the newly opened Spaces The Cloud building, just between the Amstel Station and the Amstel River.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.