## About the Role
As a Senior Front-End Developer at VariabL in our growing product team, you will lead the front end team, oversee the set-up a new front-end tech stack and build a robust front-end solution for a world-class derivative exchange platform.
Our ideal candidate is one who communicates effectively, consistently ships high quality, well-tested code and thrives in a self-directed environment
- Set the technical standards for the new user facing products in collaboration with Product Manager and Technical Architect,
- Develop new user-facing features using React,
- Build reusable components and front-end libraries for future use,
- Translate designs, wireframes and business requirements into high quality code,
- Optimize components for maximum performance,
- Help with hiring new front-end developers and designers.
- 4+ year as a frontend developer in a 5+ Product team,
- Thorough understanding of React and its core principles needed,
- Experience with popular React workflows (such as Flux or Redux) preferred,
- Ability to use design patterns to create simple and reusable components for complex UIs,
- Awareness of cross-browser compatibility issues and client-side performance considerations,
## Bonus points
- Demonstrated interest in Ethereum, smart contracts and/or cryptoeconomics,
- Experience in Finance, Fintechs, Trading sector,
- Experience working as part of a remote team,
- Experience with Agile/Scrum development methodology,
- DevOps skills,
VariabL started as a research project in ConsenSys in late 2015, The founding team has explored derivatives and hedging solutions like stable tokens before the first release of Ethereum (Frontier) and is now a remote-friendly startup located in Paris.
VariabL offers the first scalable and transparent non-custodial exchange for derivatives based on smart contracts and implementing latest blockchain technologies such as state channels for scalability. The aim is to offer new generation derivatives that will stabilize the decentralized applications ecosystem relying on volatile commodities like ether or tokens. VariabL will allow for decentralized players and traders to control their exposure on price volatility of crypto assets they use by entering our trustless derivatives while keeping in control of their funds.
We all share a passion for decentralization and sustainable value
creation. We are a team of 10 researchers, engineers and lawyers that
value scientific rigor and fast market experiments to prove and scale
our concrete use case.
Our product team has leveraged our initial research and has been running an alpha version of VariabL for more than 10 months gathering 600 traders giving us UI/UX feedback.
In the meantime, the financial department of our research team designed a scalable and robust Financial Engine for VariabL peer-to-peer derivatives while our blockchain researchers implemented a scalable infrastructure based on state channels enabling low cost transactions with high throughput.
##Some of the perks of being part of VariabL and ConsenSys Mesh:
The forefront of a revolution. At VariabL we fundamentally believe that a next generation of technologies presents the opportunity to create a more just and equitable society.
A dynamic startup environment. VariabL and ConsenSys are thought leaders in the blockchain space and we are absorbing a significant portion of the mindshare.
Continuous learning. You’ll be constantly exposed to new languages, frameworks and ideas from your peers and as you work on different projects -- challenging you to stay at the top of your game.
Deep technical challenges. This entire ecosystem is about 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler. There is much work to be done before these platforms can scale to the order of millions or billions of users.