group is a publicly traded multinational Group, among the worldwide
leaders in the online travel industry, and we operate a portfolio of
well-known brands such as lastminute.com, Bravofly, Rumbo, Volagratis
Every month, the Group reaches across all its websites and mobile apps (in 17 languages and 40 countries) 43 million unique users that search for and book their travel and leisure experiences. More than 1,200 people enjoy working with us and contribute to provide our audience with a comprehensive and inspiring offering of travel related products and services.
You'll work in a small, self-organized team on one of our travel products.
We adopt Scrum Agile methodology and software engineering best practices to achieve our ultimate goal: a clean, cohesive and maintainable codebase.
We take quality very seriously. Tests at different levels are not optional for us. We cross-check our code in code reviews.
We'll provide you with top-notch hardware, a Macbook Pro 15" with an external monitor. If you are an IntelliJ fan, we will provide you with a licence for it.
On the backend, we run a service-based architecture implemented with Java/Spring stack. We persist our data in both relational (MySQL) and NoSQL datastores (Redis, MongoDB, ElasticSearch).
Our high-traffic production environment comprises of more than 700+ virtualized Linux servers sustaining tens of millions of daily searches.
We offer both internal and external training. Every employee has an individual yearly budget to spend on courses or conferences. Since you will be dealing with your international colleagues, there are English courses available too.
We organize bootcamps for newcomers so that you can familiarise yourself with our philosophy of development in a safe learning environment.
We have dedicated tech coaches that will offer you a helping hand in case you get stuck with a technical problem.
We believe in work-life balance. Passion extends beyond work and for those of you that are keen travellers, there are employee discounts available for you!
We are international
We are a multinational company with main offices in Chiasso (Switzerland), Madrid, London and Bangalore. You will be expected to travel occasionally and if you are interested, there is an internal Erasmus program available to you. You can spend a couple of months in another office and work together with your international colleagues.
● Applying TDD to cover developed behaviour at unit, integration and acceptance levels
● Developing simple and cost-effective solutions
● Improving the Company's codebase by regular code reviews
● Participating in architecture definition
● Collaborating with web designers to build high-quality, standards-compliant web pages
● Being a proactive member of an Agile team
● Supporting the Product Owner to define functional and nonfunctional requirements for our products
● Ensure your responsibilities are aligned to the Company’s objectives and vision
● Git as version control system
● Basic knowledge about HTML5, CSS3, Sass, Bootstrap
● Very good English communication skills, Italian is a plus
Nice to have
● TDD/BDD practitioner
● Refactoring techniques
● Experience with JS build and dependency management ecosystem (Grunt, Gulp, Yeoman, Bower)
● Experience with module standards (CommonJS, AMD, ECMAScript 6)
● Ability to decouple business domain from the infrastructure code (DDD, hexagonal architecture)
● Functional programming
● Public personal projects / open-source contributor
● Keen to take on responsibility, take risks, not be afraid to make mistakes and to learn from them if they are made
● Proud of your work
● Disciplined and tenacious
● View change as an opportunity, we are a very dynamic company!
You'll work in our offices in Madrid (Calle Proción 1).
● Flexible working hours from 8am - 10am to 5pm - 7pm
● Internal transportation from Moncloa and ‘El Barrial’ train station to the office
● Vending machine card with free credit
● Medical insurance
● Relocation package