Geoblink is a VC-backed tech startup that revolutionizes the way businesses think about – and act upon – location intelligence. We’re on a path towards hyper growth. We’re looking for world-class talent to fuel our ambitious international expansion plans. Someone who can help us “figure things out” and do them at the same time. We can offer a unique opportunity to be part of an amazing team. We’re a smart, fun, and hard-working bunch, and we’re super proud to have attracted top-notch talent from places like the MIT, CERN or EA Games.
At Geoblink we use some of the latest technologies to find solutions to some very hard problems We leverage GIS technologies and Big Data to create a beautiful map-based user interface that provides lots of statistics and a rich user experience. We have fun solving interesting challenges! Our systems are built using an SOA approach that allows us to perform multiple deployments per day. We <3 monitoring, pull requests, continuous deployment and automated testing. The trunk of our stack is Node.js, Angular and PostgreSQL but our architecture is language-agnostic. We move fast but put a lot of thought into the design of our architecture so that it’s simple and scalable. We write clean, modular code to produce great software that solves the needs of our clients.
Geoblink is looking for a Senior Front End Developer or Software Engineer that can help us bring our SPA to the next level of user experience, cool design and internal architecture.
- Lead the front end development for the new features or improvements to our SaaS SPA solution
- Lead the front end architectural design and implementation, providing an educated strong opinion about the frameworks, libraries or builders that should be adopted
- Work with backend team members to define the right APIs for client-server communication
- Engage in a constant and close collaboration with the Product and Design teams from conception to implementation to build a best-in-class tool regarding user experience, ease of use and cool design
- Be the champion of reusability, performance, testing, automated testing and quality for all the front end code that is written at Geoblink
- Establish and follow guidelines to build a variety of pages including responsive and isomorphic
- Coach and mentor other FE team members to create a culture that fosters collaboration and use of best practices
- 3+ years of relevant experience building quality FE for web applications
- Good understanding of CSS and relevant frameworks like Sass
- Proven experience participating of the architectural design of the client side of an application, you know how to put together differents parts of the FE puzzle to build an application that is secure, performant and scalable
- Advanced skills in at least one of FE frameworks like Ember.js, Angular.js 1 or 2, React or Vue, and know when to use and the pros and cons of the most popular ones
- Experience with a bundler like Browserify or Webpack, plus other libraries like Gulp or Grunt
- Comfortable having a conversation with backend engineers about microservices, the cloud or Redis
- Comfortable having a conversation with designers about UX, UI or design best practices
- Proven experience with cross-browser JS/CSS and responsive development
- Solid understanding of web stack basics like headers, cookies, cross-domain restrictions, caching, https, optimization opportunities, etc.
- Can lead a discussion in your field of expertise providing clear and strong opinions in a ego-free way
- Able to explain what you did during the weekend in English
- Any published open source code is a plus
- Experience with more recent technologies like localStorage, geolocation, CSS transitions or transformations a plus
- A curious person, love learning and learn quickly
- Energetic, positive, proactive and collaborative
- Passionate about client side challenges, performance and security problems
- Big attention to detail and have an eye for balanced aesthetics
- Good written and spoken communication skills, can adapt the language to tech and product/design when situation requires it
- Don’t mind working in a very busy startup because you are learning a ton of things, are having fun while working with smart people in an non-ego environment and are building something that has a big impact
- Constantly reading about new trends to see what’s going on out there and how you can incorporate new technologies into your current project when there are good reasons for it
- Work in “One of the 50 most promising startups of the world” By Bloomberg
- Flexible work hours in a focused but casual environment
- Learning from and working with talented people
- Great team atmosphere
- Vibrant, fun, and international environment
- Many perks, like table football or team events
If you feel identified with this kind of working and you are willing to face the challenges we propose, THIS IS YOUR TEAM! We’re looking forward to meeting you!