We're using technology to reinvent the broken property system from the ground up.
Our front-end developers deliver a great user experience, we're a growing team on the lookout for talented engineers who'll work with our designers and product managers on beautiful, modern web applications.
Who we are
We’re a growing team with ambition. Our goal is to be a defining tech company, using technology to rebuild the process of selling a house from the ground up.
To us it seems unfair that people’s biggest asset is also the least liquid. Our vision is to allow every UK home-owner to get a fair offer on their house in minutes.
We’ve previously founded GoCardless and Songkick and are already on a faster growth trajectory than both. We’re backed by Europe’s leading VCs and entrepreneurs.
Having done it before, we know what it takes to be successful. We’re looking for people excited about building something that matters.
On a day-to-day basis you will:
- Pair with other engineers on challenging problems, or just to learn something new
- Help improve our build process to allow us to deploy as often as possible using the latest tools such as Webpack and CircleCI
- Spend time with our product managers figuring out what our next great product feature will be, and be a large part of the process
- Chalk up some scalable tech solutions and have a say in some of our major technical decisions - we have many interesting challenges to solve
Interested in learning more about our tech stack? Rather than clutter up this job spec, check out what we use here on Stackshare.
- Have an interest in staying up to date with new tools and techniques.
- Care about building reliable and well-tested systems, and building products used by millions of people.
- Enjoy being part of an autonomous team, and mentoring others
- Have a good eye for design - you know what good looks like
- Be familiar with CI tools - we run a continuous deployment programme here at Nested.
Things which would be useful but not essential:
- Experience as part of an engineering team at a fast growing company
- Have some experience with back-end development, particularly using Elixir
- Keen to attend tech events and career fairs
- A keen eye for saving milliseconds here and there
Finally benefits! It wouldn't be a job description without a benefits section. We believe our values set us apart and are our biggest benefit. We care about them deeply and they’re at the core of everything we do. Beyond our values we have some other great perks to tell you about.
- Flexible working. Most of the team work from home a day a week (WFH Wednesdays). We care about if you do your job, not where
- Generous option grant, so you get to own a piece of the pie
- We pay competitively, with regular pay reviews
- Childcare vouchers, parental leave policy and support
- Get some well-deserved rest with 27 days holiday + bank holidays
- £3,000 budget to make sure you’ve got your perfect work set-up
- Generous personal development budget, and dedicated company-wide learning days focused on employee growth (£1,000 per person per year)
- Breakfast, coffee and snacks are all on hand in the office to keep you fuelled
- Monthly team events
- Pension scheme (4% employer contribution)
- Health insurance which includes gym discounts, health and dental care
- Plus, if you’re ever buying or selling a home we’re pretty good at helping with this as well :-)
if all the above sounds good then please take a minute to familiarise
yourself with our hiring process. It's the best way to ensure working at
Nested is right for both parties. Please take a look at how it works here