eDreams ODIGEO (www.edreamsodigeo.com) is the largest online distributor of flights in the world (measured in terms of sales) and one of Europe’s largest e-commerce businesses. Under its five brands (eDreams, GO Voyages, Opodo, Travellink and liligo), it offers the best deals on regularly-scheduled flights, charters, low-cost airlines, hotels, cruises, car rentals, vacation packages, travel insurance and stays of varying length to more than 17 million customers all over the world. Present in forty-four countries, the company employs more than 1,700 professionals.
Within our lodging Bedbank Engrande LLC, as a frontend developer you will be part of a technologically driven online travel agency (OTA) based in Barcelona.
We believe that great businesses come from great products built by great teams. That is why the tech team is constantly investing in infrastructure and software quality.
We put a lot of emphasis in scalability and reliability by emphasizing the use of unit tests and code reviews, supporting our continuous integration and delivery flow.
We keep the team excited offering a culture of training and innovation through trainings and pilot projects.
- Develop and maintain the new and existing web applications to support the company business. With special attention to code maintainability and application performance.
- Help improve our code quality through writing unit tests, automation and performing code reviews.
- Work in our multidisciplinary team and stakeholders, helping to understand business requirements, formulate use cases and then translate that into a pragmatic and effective technical solution.
- Help in the maintenance and development of functional automation test suites already in place.
- Define, analyse and integrate the right web technologies that may suit the different cases.
- Help in defining, analysing and implementing any development tool that may help increase the team’s productivity.
- Take an active part in creation and definition of our products, working as the link between the creative and the implementation phases being part of the two.
- Development of reusable UI components for the web and mobile using HTML5 technologies.
- Be a technical referent in the frontend technologies field within the company.
Skills and Qualifications:
- You have a positive approach and see challenges as an opportunity.
- +3 years web development experience.
- Strong skills on HTML5 related technologies (CSS3, Semantic HTML, etc).
- Demonstrated design and UX sensibilities.
- Proficient English communication skills.
- Experience in Bootstrap and responsive design (CSS grids, Mobile First).
- Good working knowledge in asynchronous paradigm and the JS HTML5 API specification.
- Good understanding of the architectural principles behind JS frameworks like AngularJS and Backbone.
- Familiar with control version systems (Git, SVN) and JS frameworks (Angular, Ember, Backbone).
- Strong skills on Less / Sass.
- Personal interest for continuous learning and self improvement.
- You find satisfaction in a job well done and want to solve head-scratching challenges.
Official website, founding date, employees, how did it all begin... Do you know the whole story?Tell Us!