Are you a passionate developer with love and care for what you do? Do you take pride when your work has a deep and meaningful impact in people and education? Do new challenges and technologies excite you? Do you like to work in small, mission aligned, hardworking and focused team? If so, EDpuzzle is the right place for you.
We are helping teachers improve the education for millions of students around the world and we are growing very fast.
We are looking for a talented, ambitious and good hearted Frontend Developer. If you want to be challenged every day, constantly growing and learning and you love to see how your work has an impact, you will thrive in our team and you will have fun in the process. We want you to be part of the making of EDpuzzle, translate that into great quality code and measure the impact on our teachers and students.
- The opportunity to work in education and in EDpuzzle excites you
- You make all your technology decisions with the final user in mind
- Relocation to Barcelona
- You have proven experience with at least one front-end framework (Backbone, Ember, React, Angular, etc.)
- You love learning and mastering technologies
- You're self-directed, with proven ability to manage goals and deadlines effectively
- You have an excellent ability to communicate your ideas, regardless of audience
- You have a good level of English
The following attributes, while not required, would be valuable to the team:
- You have proven experience with MongoDB
- You have proven experience with Node.js
- You have experience with cloud services such as AWS, Azure, Google App Engine, etc.
- Competitive salary and equity
- Great team of driven people with different skill sets
- Brand new office in Barcelona
We are a small team of very talented people distributed between San Francisco and Barcelona. We started over 3 years ago at ImagineK12, the first education incubator in the USA and now part of Y Combinator (where Airbnb and Dropbox were born). We are grateful for the support our teachers and investors give us every day.
We empower teachers to make any video their lesson with a combination of our simple video-editing tools and powerful analytics about their students' progress. Teachers can turn any video into an engaging and effective lesson with just a few clicks and then always know which students understand that lesson, who needs help, if there are any misconceptions about the material, etc. thanks to our automatically gathered insights about their students. We work towards a day where every teacher and student will be just a click away from an excellent online education. Together we are building a pool of the best video lessons for the classroom.