Whisbi is how the world's biggest companies are starting sales conversations with their customers.
Whisbi has been shortening sales cycles for large enterprises for ten years, by delivering conversational solutions that engage customers in the exact moment a sales decision occurs.
Whisbi's solutions blend voice, messaging and video communication, with AI and conversational expertise in specific industry verticals. What this means is that companies can quickly build sustainable sales flows around complex organizations and business rules.
Global enterprises such as AT&T, Vodafone, Toyota, Hyundai and Sky trust Whisbi to coordinate their assisted and unassisted sales. Whisbi is always the channel with the highest close rate.
To cut to the chase, this is what we do:
About the role
As a Senior Frontend Software Engineer, you will help Whisbi’s software achieve the best quality and reliability. You will make intuitive high-level decisions for software development. You will see the “big picture” and create architectural approaches for software design and implementation to guide the development. You are a team player who loves to teach and learn.
About the team
At Whisbi, the Product and Engineering teams work together to combine strategic viewpoints with tactical executions by working with a customer development process that emphasizes field-validated problems and customer-tested solutions. Rapid prototyping and continuous iteration are core activities.
You'll be joining a growing team whose roles include product design, customer development, and product management. Team members share strong learning skills and a dynamic and fast approach to shipping results frequently.
What kind of people are there?
Most team members have serious experience in startup and enterprise. Leading a solution that works. We own our responsibilities and make sure experiences are reliable.
All are amazing learners and flexible problem-solvers.
How do you work?
You will be part of a Squad, working in an agile environment that will develop and improve our customer tools, with a clear milestone of quality, performance, and reliability.
This Squad has the mission to analyze, research, and improve the current platform, adding, shaping, and editing both current and new features.
We combine strategic viewpoints in engineering with continuous improvements and updates in a platform that has been leading the sector for more than ten years. Our tactical executions are always small and trustable. Improving the global system step by step in only one direction, never going back.
What you'll be doing on the team
In the first month, you will:
- Learn about our customers with the help of your engineering, product, and sales colleagues.
- Understand customer problems and scope real solutions, by working directly with our product managers.
- Lead roadmap execution for one solution, collaborating with one product manager, one experience designer, and three engineering colleagues to ship customer value.
- Own the successful delivery of frontend roadmap items in weekly sprints, by making well-articulated and thoughtful trade-offs.
- Be the main point of contact for frontend best practices and architectural consultation.
By month 2, you will:
- Work independently to define engineering best practices that help to move product execution at the speed and reliability you want.
- Hold colleagues accountable for building the right thing, by participating in setting goals, measuring success, and sharing learnings.
- Ship a lot of product improvements and features using the style of agile or kanban that you have created with your teammates.
By month 3, you will:
- Become an expert on Whisbi's frontend architecture and its role in delivering value to customers.
- Demonstrate your expertise on Whisbi's customers and technology by presenting with a product colleague at our regular All Hands.
- Ship product improvements and features with incredible frequency
- Impact Whisbi's growth substantially through your amazing work
About you and what type of skills you’ll need
- You understand frontend software engineering deeply because you have at least 6 years of experience in a mix of startups and large companies.
- You have a strong architectural mindset, combined with an iterative approach to problem-solving.
- You understand and apply SOLID to all your work.
- You have your own flavors of agile and have been in enough battles to know what works and when.
- You are positive, creative, curious, and aren’t afraid to ask a lot of questions.
- Collaboration is exciting to you and you enjoy understanding the perspectives of others.
- You know how to manage expectations and make trade-offs to reach objectives.
- You are able to communicate effectively on technical and experience topics.
- You can take candid feedback well and are looking to grow your skillsets.
- You enjoy the tactics of shipping products fast.
- You’re dedicated to your craft and want to work with a team that kicks ass every day.
We can offer you a great culture and the following perks:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible compensation plan with tax-free benefits
- Career progression opportunities
- Flexible schedule
- Fully remote work options - but we also have an amazing co-working space in the city center of Barcelona
- Gym sponsorship
- 23 days holiday - you choose when to enjoy them
- Yoga classes
- Online language classes
- Fun environment & team: company events, celebrations, etc.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.