Whitespectre is a product development company that creates high-performing platforms and apps, both for our long-term client partners and our own products. Founded in 2013, we partner with both large established companies and high-growth start-ups in the US and Europe. We're a close-knit team of 70 smart and diverse people, working together remotely and meeting in person in Barcelona!
We are looking for an experienced Frontend / React Engineer to join one of our key delivery teams on a full-time, long-term basis. In this role, you’ll work within a cross-functional squad of backend and front-end engineers, product, & UI/UX designers to solve interesting technical challenges and create products that drive real business growth at scale.
As a senior member of the team, you'll help to drive architecture and implementation decisions, help product make smart trade-offs to deliver a great user experience in a scalable way, and mentor other engineers.
What will you do?
- Collaborating with backend engineers in designing logical flow, specifying api contracts and implementing services to decouple functionality
- Occasionally going full stack and, depending on the project, either diving into the node.js service or the Rails services to add a new endpoint or modify behavior (and we can help you learn here too)
- Identifying bottlenecks, using tools to diagnose and refactor code for scale
- Ensuring the robustness, performance and failure characteristics of the system.
- Writing well tested, defect-free code with CI/CD
- Taking ownership of production applications - managing issues, releases and ensuring quality
- 2+ years of production experience of React frontends
- 4+ years of software engineering experience, preferably in modern JS frameworks e.g. React/Vue/Angular/Backbone.
- Experience using Agile Methodologies in a remote team
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Availability to work full-time within a fast-moving cross-functional team, crossing over with 11 am - 7 pm Central European Time
- Interesting challenges: We’ve done everything from scaling high-performance backends, building beautiful (but complex) user interfaces to apps with low-level bluetooth communication with hardware devices.
- Competitive rates: This is a contract position with a long-term outlook.
- 100% Remote: We've been proudly and successfully remote-first for 7+ years
- Impact: Our delivery teams are fast-moving, highly collaborative, and own products end to end - your thinking and contribution make a big impact!
- Great environment: We provide a great working atmosphere where you can share and learn with other smart people.
- Career progression: We want you to grow with us and provide the opportunities, knowledge sharing and mentorship to do that.
- Work-life balance: love your work, but know that it doesn’t take over your life.
- Paid Meetups: Come meet with your colleagues in Barcelona or at a local meetup.
You must live outside of the US. Please no recruitment agencies.
Why is it good to work with us?
Because we work on great products. Sure, we can list the latest set of technologies that we use, but that is a given. Everyone does that right? What's more interesting is how they are used - the design, the architecture, the approach to solving business problems, and helping businesses to grow.
Because we believe in constant learning and exploring - whether that’s a new skill, a new role, or a new way of seeing. And because we've found that we learn the most when we take on new challenges as a team. We’re proud that people love working with us (and still have lives outside of work). Want to know more? Check out whitespectre.com and we're proud of what people are saying about us on Glassdoor