We are looking for experienced front-end engineers to join our growing team. Smarkets adopts a fluid, self-managing style which allows our teams the freedom to make technical decisions together, with little hierarchy - giving our engineers the opportunity to be genuinely autonomous. With our mission being to revolutionise one of the oldest industries in the world, we’re looking for engineers who are motivated by rethinking the method and model of betting. This role is focused on building a great experience for our users and will require excellent team collaboration across design, marketing and other parts of engineering.
Our Front-end tech stack is built around React and React Native, with the latest ES6 features and libraries.
More specifically, your responsibilities will be:
- To write clean, modular and testable code with consistent code style
- Develop new features for our existing platform with a strong focus on making customer experience memorable for the right reasons
- Contributing to the engineering culture at Smarkets, sharing your knowledge and ideas with others
- To define your own role within the context of self-management - you’re someone who will take opportunities to make things better when they arise
- Build the user interface and design language across different platforms
- Proven experience with HTML, CSS, JS and a great understanding of the best practices
- Experience with React and good familiarity with REST APIs and Websockets
- Experience using the latest web stacks or libraries
- The things you work on will get used by millions of customers, so you will be focussed on quality - you’ll write clean, componentized and well-tested code, heavily favouring reuse
- You’ll be passionate about developing things in the right way, and may have coached/mentored other engineers on best practices
- Experience writing native mobile applications
- Comfortable in a Linux environment
- UX Experience
We've built one of the world's
largest betting exchanges with significantly better odds than the
competition. Our strength is technology and trading with a passion to
push the known boundaries of real-time financial technology. With our
self-management structure, flexible work environment and unlimited
holiday allowance, Smarkets offers a unique opportunity to be part of a
great work culture. Our office in St Katharine’s Docks (Tower Hill)
comes complete with a fantastic roof terrace and a team of in-house
chefs cooking breakfast and lunch every day.
Notes:The salary range for senior engineers at Smarkets is £65,000-£100,000 per year, including stock options and other benefits. Your salary will be determined by experience.
We transfer and store the information you submit to help us process your application and to make our hiring process better. We also make use of third-party hiring tools to help us process applications. As we are based in both Europe and the United States, your data may leave the European Economic Area when we process it. Please only submit your application if you are happy for us to use your information in this way.