- Design and implement major new features that may involve writing new components as well as leveraging and extending existing components by evaluating new technologies and trends to determine which is a good fit for the needs of the product(s)
- Be a reference in regards to general and Liferay-specific frontend knowledge by helping others make the proper decisions when asked and delivering internal tech talks or workshops about Liferay technologies
- Demonstrate a nuanced understanding of browser constraints and performance implications.
- Help other team members solve difficult technical challenges with frontend technologies and their development environment.
- Experience developing complex frontend components and solutions
- Deep knowledge of Web fundamentals and frontend State of the Art
- Broad understanding of basic Computer Science concepts (algorithms, data structures, performance…)
- Experience leading frontend projects (libraries, frameworks…)
- Strong knowledge and experience developing with React
Liferay is an open source software company with 850+ fiery-eyed employees scattered across the known world. Our flagship product is Liferay Digital Experience Platform, which companies like HP, Barclays, and Coach use to build great web experiences for their customers and employees. Along with making cool software, we have a greater-than-profit vision that fuels us. We give employees 5 paid days off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about and we donate a portion of our profits to various charities around the world each year. Oh, we’re also self-funded and profitable which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run.