We believe the most powerful marketing happens in-person. Our mission is to develop the most innovative event technology on the planet to help marketers reach and engage their target audiences in-person. From simplifying event asset creation to capturing attendee insights and measuring event impact, Splash enables marketers to efficiently scale event programs and connect event-driven engagement to business results. More than half of the Fortune 500 use Splash to streamline event marketing execution and optimize performance.
About the role:
The Senior Frontend Software Engineer is an impactful team member, shaping the future of their team's frontend codebase delivering value that makes Splash even more awesome, and proactively offering creative solutions to problems.
We have a very exciting and almost infinite roadmap ahead of us. During this journey, our product must stay reliable, robust and delightful. We can only achieve this with a fantastic dev experience and smooth productivity. As a senior engineer on your team, your duty will be making this vision a reality.
About Splash Engineering:
On the frontend, we rely heavily on React, Redux, Jest, Styled Components, RxJS and other cutting edge libraries. We have an internal library of React components called SUI, which we might open source in the future. Some parts of the product are written in Vanilla JS, Backbone and even Angular, but when we need to make changes on them, we just rebuild them with React.
At Splash, we embrace collaboration as a way to engineer a world-class product. We learn from each other through PR reviewing, RFCs, documentation, architectural conversations and pair programming. Everybody has a voice here, regardless of seniority. Your time here will be some of the most exciting, challenging and rewarding work you may ever do.
- Architect solutions to complex problems, delivering proposals that are flexible, robust and taking into account business needs.
- Influence and lead the direction of Splash’s frontend by example and through presentations to the Frontend Engineers Guild.
- Collaborate with your Scrum Team in scoping, estimating, implementing and testing new features and fixes.
- Be communicative and reliable, so that others can depend on you.
- Deliver features, fixes and technical improvements in a timely, predictable cadence.
- Mentor other engineers, both in Madrid and other locations, on good practices, technologies, and patterns.
- Show up as a team member, encouraging others through example in collaboration, productivity, effective communication and love for details.
- Has experience developing with React and Redux as part of a team.
- Led the evolution and adoption of good practices in Frontend codebases. Collaborating and mentoring team members.
- Knows functional programming, object oriented programming and when to use each.
- Six years of experience as a Software Engineer.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
On the frontend, we rely heavily on React, Redux, Jest, React Testing Library, Styled Components, RxJS and other cutting edge libraries. We have an internal component library called SUI, which we might open source in the future. Some parts of the product are written in older technologies, but when we need to make significant changes on them, we usually rebuild them with React.
- You’ll have the option to work from home when you want, or even be a fully remote position coming to an office occasionally.
- We'll go to the other side of the ocean to New York, so that you can meet the team and learn about startups in the USA.
- We'll support your participation in meetups and conferences.
- Your time at Splash will be the most important work you ever do. It will change the course of your career in an exciting unreplicable way.