We’re looking for a world-class Front End engineers to join our Design Systems and Tooling team, which we call Backpack. Backpack is Skyscanner’s design system, comprising a library of components, guidelines and best practise patterns, as well as tools for creating Skyscanner products. It essentially binds our design and engineering teams and helps them get their jobs done as easily as possible.
We can offer you
Ownership – the freedom and space to be trusted to do what you do best and to make decisions that matter
Impact - Huge potential to make a positive contribution across our business, people, partners and millions of users
Our Tech Stack - A chance to work with a wide range of modern technologies, and evolve our use of them.
Open Source - An opportunity to open source the great tools you’ll build.
Master, Teach, Learn - The opportunity to work with, learn from and share knowledge with ultra-smart colleagues in a culture of collaboration and technical excellence
Work – Life Balance – Flexible Working (including Home Country Working), no clocking in
An Excellent Career move – complexity, challenge and real opportunity for personal growth
What you need to apply
- Professional Experience in a highly scaled consumer facing web economy business
- Proficiency in modern front-end technologies e.g. React, ES6, Sass, Webpack, npm
- Experience translating visual designs and wireframes into code.
- Proven success collaborating with Design teams to facilitate their success
- Understanding of good Design practices and capability to suggest design improvements
- A pragmatic approach, balancing effort versus value in order to deliver cross-browser and multi-device features
- A detail-orientated approach and a desire to strive for perfection
- Knowledge of accessibility and assistive technology such as screen readers, keyboard navigation etc.
Experience of the following is a bonus…
- Native apps, specifically building components which span multiple platforms.
- Building multi-lingual, hyper-localised user-interfaces including support for right-to-left languages.
- Scaling front-end engineering through design systems and tooling
- - ‘Skyscanner University’ offers a range of courses for tech and business topics.
- - At Skyscanner there’s no clocking in and there’s no bell at the end of the day, they prefer to give you the freedom and autonomy to do your job, add value and own your work.
- - Better than average annual leave in all office locations.
- - There’s enhanced maternity and paternity leave and a flexible working policy to encourage and enable a healthy work-life balance.