Senior Front-end Engineer in Barcelona or Remote
Casumo was established in 2012 and has been leading the innovation of the iGaming industry ever since. Known for its unique and lovable brands including Casumo, Dunder, and Kazoom Casino, the group continues to develop and deliver best-in-class gaming products and experiences. We believe in the power of collective genius and look for idea generators, solution seekers and ingenious innovators that want to play a part in pioneering our brands into the future.
About The Team
Here at Casumo we work across our lovingly crafted and award-winning web app and a suite of bespoke tools to support us in building the best player experience through our joint passion and creativity. As part of the team, you will shape our constantly evolving product in collaboration with a full stack team of engineers, designers, product managers, growth experts and player engagement specialists.
Collaboration works best with great communication so you will need to share what you are up to with the team, and reach out for help when you need it. We all share the responsibility to constantly improve our products, our code and our teamwork so you’ll need to be the change you want to see. We are looking for a talented and passionate Frontend Engineer to join our Play team which focuses on our Casino Games Browser. Their mission is to build outstanding player experience and generate further engagement across locations and devices.
Who are you?
You are a positive, open-minded and creative problem solver. You enjoy learning from others and sharing knowledge. You design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and enhance software solutions. We hope that the following resonates with you:
- You take pride in the code you write and you understand the importance of writing in a scalable and maintainable way.
- You are eager to keep up to date with the latest trends in your craft which hopefully is along the lines of JS development and tools.
- You love that batman joke.
- You thrive on creating positive changes, without losing friends over the existence of semi-colons.
- You enjoy working with backend engineers to design awesome APIs.
- You are excited to write in a declarative functional style.
- And last but not least, you are a jolly good sentient being!
Frontend Engineering at Casumo
At Casumo we strive to create the optimal engineering experience. We believe every individual’s needs and desires are unique and we therefore encourage our engineers to be the main force to create their best work environment. This includes being in control of your own schedule, tools, meetings and projects. As a frontend software engineer at Casumo you will work with an international, distributed and highly skilled team. We strongly value team spirit and a respectful environment. A humble and open mindset is key to reach higher goals. At Casumo there are many technologies and projects to dig into. Here is an idea of what our days look like:
- Development of responsive web applications that work across a variety of devices.
- Communicate closely with product designers, producers and backend engineers via our main communication channels; Github, Slack, Jira and Confluence.
- Implement and test features to improve our customers' experience using React, Redux, Redux-Sagas, Apollo GraphQL, SASS, Webpack, Flow, Cypress, Jest, Enzyme..
- Ship our code using continuous integration and continuous deployment pipelines.
- Reviewing our shipped features via 3rd party tools like; Rollbar, Browserstack and Logrocket.
- Dedicated time for experiments, it can be new frameworks, ES6 or whatever rocks your boat
Join us for a career where you’ll grow personally & professionally within an Agile environment.
Being a part of the Casumo group provides an unparalleled experience. You’ll find yourself surrounded by the brightest minds within the most inspiring and collaborative office spaces. In addition to that, you’ll enjoy:
- Access to some of the greatest tools and platforms for developing your professional skills and building success within your role
- A range of training courses, known as Casumo College, for continuous learning and growth
- An incredibly diverse team of smart, kind and motivated colleagues from more than 30 countries
- Social events (both physical &/or online) for building strong relationships with colleagues from all across the organization
Great minds don't think alike
At Casumo we're all different. By building a team where difference is embraced, through our lived experiences, our beliefs, and who we are, we create a diverse and inclusive home for all our 'sumos. It's about keeping it real and being your true self. Because, great minds don't think alike; the more diverse we are, the better we become, together.
Even if you meet 60% of these qualifications, we encourage you to apply!
As our offices are based in Europe we will only be considering candidates within a similar timezone for this role. Please only apply if you are within an European timezone.
(This role can be offered as a fully-remote position and on a consultancy (B2B) contract for candidates outside of Malta, Spain or Gibraltar. We will only accept applications from candidates living within 2 +/- hours CET timezone)
Casumo is the first online adventure-based casino. Our mission is to disrupt the industry by focusing on developing a new betting experience, using gamification and slick UI to provide an unparalleled user experience. We are quite unique in what we do and how we do it and we take pride in our Engineering culture and our Product quality and quirkiness.
Engineering at Casumo
At Casumo, we take pride in our Engineering culture and our Product quality and quirkiness. We have a modern engineering mindset, we move fast, experiment and apply an automated test approach. We believe every individual’s need and desire to be unique and let each developer be the main force for creating their best work environment and make impact. Our engineers collaborate as an international, distributed and highly skilled team. We highly value team spirit and a respectful environment. A humble and open mindset is essential to reach higher aims. We have active contributors to open source (Zipkin, Springboot, Axon framework); we care about knowledge sharing internally and externally, and we mean it. This is why we run internal Tech events and trainings - the latest being Axon - and encourage our staff to attend and/or speak to conferences. The sumos are making real impact by working on an unparalleled product. We explore, experiment and grow together in a small, highly-skilled, energetic and passionate team
What are we currently up to
- Development of new greenfield products using modern technologies
- Creating beautiful UI interactions driven by gestures
- Splitting the entire system into small, more cohesive subsystems and microservices
- New integrations with various game suppliers and payment providers.
Our tech stack:
- Backend side:
Java Microservices, EventSourcing, CQRS, DDD, messaging (RabbitMQ & Kafka) and Axon. Java frameworks: Spring Boot, Spring, Hibernate. Devops: Docker, Jenkins, AWS, cloud
- Frontend side:
KnockOutJS, Durandel, ReactJS, React Native, VueJS.
Check our current positions at casumo careers