Brainly is the world’s largest online community with over 150 millions unique users per month, uniting students, parents and teachers in solving their academic problems and exchanging knowledge.
Brainly’s Front-end Core Team’s mission is providing research and solutions which empower our engineers to build the Brainly products with speed and quality.
Our areas of responsibility include:
- Driving the application architecture (codebase structure, component boundaries, best practices, documentation)
- Developing our core libraries and components (data-fetching, rendering, style-guide, i18n, analytics)
- Maintaining and improving development and deployment flow (CI/CD, tools and setup for builds, development, testing)
- Researching new tech and solutions
How we do stuff now:
- Multi-package, multi-repository project
- Main tech stack: React, Redux, Apollo GraphQL
- Sass (SCSS)
- Building with Webpack and Babel
- Type-checking with Flow, linting with Prettier, ESlint, Sass Lint
- Testing with Jest (enzyme for React) and Puppeteer
- Server-side in PHP (Symfony) :’(
- A/B testing
- Continuous delivery
- Modernizing i18n stack?
- Better module separation?
- Caching with Service Workers?
- What will you suggest?
We’re looking for strong front-end developers to work with us. We’re expecting you to be able to research, design and develop tools, modules and libraries, that will be the foundation of applications built in Brainly.
And at least one of the following:
- In-depth knowledge of React and its ecosystem
- Ability to optimize the application performance - managing code-splitting, asset delivery, optimizing rendering times etc.
- Knowledge about and ability to configure bundlers, transpilers and processors (Webpack / Rollup / Babel / Sass / PostCSS)
- Good TDD skills, knowledge of code quality-related tools (Jest / Flow / TypeScript / Prettier / ESlint)
- Experience with designing FE application architecture for scale (NPM, yarn workspaces, Lerna)
- Ability to accelerate the team with task automation on CI/CD (TravisCI, CircleCI, TeamCity)
- Location: Barcelona
- Choose your own tools
- Flexible working hours, possible remote work
- Personal development budget ($800/year) + time off for conferences and workshops
- Private health care for you and your family
- In-house English and/or Polish language classes
- Company lunches on Thursdays, kitchen stocked with snacks and fruits
- Reimbursement for public transport costs
- Bicycle parking and shower
- Playroom with PS, ping pong and foosball table
WHAT IS BRAINLY?
Brainly is the world's largest peer-to-peer learning community for students, parents and teachers. At brainly.com, and its group of websites around the world, students connect to both receive and offer help with homework problems and questions. The unique opportunity for students to freely ask questions and gain the confidence that comes from helping others and inspires students to learn in a collaborative community that receives more than 150 million users each month.
Based in Kraków, Poland, with its US headquarters in New York City, Brainly is currently available in 35 countries. The total funding from current investors, including Naspers, General Catalyst Partners, Point Nine Capital, Runa Capital and Learn Capital equals $68.5M. More information about Brainly is available on www.brainly.com