Zinio is looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer in their Barcelona office.
“Delivering innovative digital magazine content on every device in every country.”
Zinio brings innovation and inspiration to the world of magazine publishers and consumers by delivering the ultimate digital reading experience on any device. As a pioneer Zinio operates online web newsstands and award-winning iOS and Android apps, providing access to digital magazines & articles in more than 30 languages, which can be read online and offline on any platform.
Zinio Pro converts print magazines to digital content through a Software as a service (SaaS) platform that transforms PDF to other formats such as XML, ePub or ANF and distributes it to different platforms such as Amazon Kindle, Apple News or Zinio Pro’s white label publisher web and mobile apps.
The company has delivered 750M digital magazine editions across more than 8,5k titles from 1.3k publishers in 200 countries to over 10M customers.
What you´ll be doing:
- Building globally distributed web applications with a heavy frontend component and OCD-level of attention to detail, with a Product Owner and Scrum Master.
- Leveraging the latest technologies, languages, and frameworks to get our applications and services closer to end-users and increasing our footprint
- Contributing to concept development and technical strategy in an agile environment, with colleagues all across the world.
What we expect from you:
- Experience with React, Hooks, Redux, and Typescript
- Understanding of HTML5, CSS3 and client-side scripting.
- Experience with NodeJS, and build tools such as Webpack, Gulp, and Grunt.
- Experience with Express.
- Experience with Styled Components.
- Excellent English communication skills (listening, speaking, reading, and writing).
- Passion for clean, tractable algorithms, data structures, interfaces, and performance optimization.
It will also be highly valued if you have:
- Experience with frameworks/libraries as Angular, Vue, Ember.
- Experience with libraries as Mobx, Flux, Reflux
- Experience with testing libraries.
Why you’ll love working with us:
- We are a technology company, and we invest in technology!
- We lead our sector of activity and are always facing challenging new projects.
- We have a highly skilled team so you can learn from your colleagues: knowledge sharing is strongly encouraged and lived.
- Training budget for those books and courses that will benefit Zinio and you.
- Agile/ Scrum way of working and philosophy.
- You will be part of a multicultural team, working with different countries and time zones.
- We have a fun, friendly & international work environment.
- Flexible working hours and availability of work from home.
We offer great benefits including:
- Open space office in Barcelona with awesome views.
- Team-building activities.
- Free digital magazines.
- Fresh fruit, tea & good (unlimited) coffee.
We offer a competitive salary package and a flexible salary plan including:
- Health Insurance Program.
- Meal, Public Transportation Card & Nursery.
If you are interested, please apply sending your CV in English with all data relevant to the position.