Travelport is a place of opportunity. It’s our incredible team that makes our company great – our people drive our winning culture.
Travelport is a worldwide travel retail platform. Our next-generation marketplace connects buyers and sellers that share our passion for delivering exceptional travel experiences. Unconflicted and independent, we are reinventing a simpler future for travel’s complex ecosystem.
What does a great Senior Software Development Engineer (Web) do?
- The day to day will be working with Liferay DXP & React to build & maintain the Developer Experience & MyTravelport products.
- We regularly carry out demo sessions for knowledge transfer and to gather feedback, you would participate in these sessions, presenting your work and giving feedback.
- Quality is important to us, you will be writing & running tests against the code you introduce.
- Working with your team, architecture and product management to determine the best technical approach will be key to success in this role.
- Mentoring junior members of your team via code reviews, peer programming and other regular feedback.
- Taking the lead on building and enhancing new and existing features
- The ability to work with and provide guidance to your team on how best to breakdown features to allow other developers to contribute
What we look for/who would prosper in this role?
- Familiarity with all phases of the SDLC
- Excellent understanding of browser rendering behavior and performance
- Experience with REST APIs is an advantage
- Experience with Liferay DXP is an advantage
- Experience with facilitating code and technical review processes (merge request, pair programming)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; able to communicate technical information in a clear and succinct manner.
As we evolve and grow as a business, so will you.
You will thrive within an inclusive and diverse workplace where you are encouraged to think differently, and have the courage, confidence & ambition to challenge what’s been done before, and be bold to win!
These are just a few of our employee’s favourite benefits/perks…
Competitive base salary, bonus, private medical insurance, match pension, very generous holiday allowance, very cool modern offices right in the heart of Dublin 2, plus lots more!
Interested? We’d love for you to get in touch!*
We are an equal opportunities employer and will consider all qualified applicants purely on their skills and abilities. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation, if needed.