Thales people architect identity management and data protection solutions at the heart of digital security. Business and governments rely on us to bring trust to the billons of digital interactions they have with people. Our technologies and services help banks exchange funds, people cross borders, energy become smarter and much more. More than 30,000 organizations already rely on us to verify the identities of people and things, grant access to digital services, analyze vast quantities of information and encrypt data to make the connected world more secure.
Thales in Spain is a leader in technological solutions applied to Defence, Aeronautics, Security, Transportation and Space and, furthermore, is a global centre for excellence in Space, Security of Critical Infrastructures and Transportation. With a turnover of €320 million and a staff of 1,200, it exports approximately 40% of its total production principally to the Middle East, North Africa and Latin America.
With the massive surge of electronic travel documents and national eID cards, ThalesDigital & Security global business unitis supporting border agencies, government authorities and airports to exploit technology convergence to gain consistent, comprehensive border, visa management and document verificationworldwide, that will:
- Deliver seamless travel with border control applications
- Offer convenience for travelers for fast and secure border crossing
- Improve border intelligence for detection and prevention, including some of the most disruptive new technologies like biometrics, machine learning, or micro services.
If you’re looking for new opportunities, and ready to join a high-skilled multicultural team, we are now looking for a Frontend Fullstack Developer to join our Platform and Services Delivery team in Madrid.
You will be a programming expert for solutions development deciding technical methodologies and techniques used throughout the development and testing of the application frontends:
You determine the structure and design of web applications frontends.
You ensure user experience determines design choices.
You develop features to enhance the user experience.
You strike a balance between functional and aesthetic design.
You build reusable code for future use.
You optimize web applications for maximum speed and scalability.
You create project documentation and collaborate on on-site activities like deployment, validation and user training.
To succeed in this job, you must have: knowledge and at least 5 years of experience in software development including:
- Previous experience working with Web tooling (NodeJS / NPM / Webpack…)
- At least 1 year of professional experience working with Angular 6.
- Strong understanding of web technologies [HTML, CSS].
- Experience using Reactive Programming to create solutions.as well as experience using layout frameworks as Bootstrap, Semantic UI, and Material Design.
- Backend knowledge: Java and J2EE. Basic Knowledge of database systems – SQL, No SQL. Knowledge of Microservices architecture, Message Brokers (Kafka, Zookeeper), Containers (Docker, Docker Compose, Docker Swarm).
- You're fluent in English and available to travel.
Any of the following will be valued:
- Understanding Event-Driven Programming (websockets, server-sent-events etc.).
- Ablity to write clean code and reusable components.
- Previous experience in Unit Testing, Integration and End-to-end tests.
- Previous experience in Agile environments (Scrum, XP).
If you're eager to learn, share and participate... this is your team!
Thales is a company committed to equal opportunities between women and men, and for this reason, we work to raise awareness and disseminate information on the subject both internally and externally.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!