Info for Remote candidates outside Catalunya: Now we are 100% remote. Once we are back to a normal situation, you will need to come to our Barcelona office for 1 week every 2 months, all costs covered by us.
WHO WE ARE
We are an independent, no-nonsense agency with 60 Elementeers from all over the globe, working from offices in Almere and Barcelona. We are passionate about crafting lovable and usable digital experiences that help move brands and people forward. We are dreamers and makers.
Check our current tech stack on stackshare.io/elements
WHAT YOU WILL DO
You will develop functional and appealing web applications based on usability. You will build quality mock-ups and prototypes on tight timelines and assist our back-end developers in coding and troubleshooting. Your front end applications are consistent across all browsers and platforms and you are able to maintain graphic standards and branding throughout the product's interface. Furthermore, you will be a go-to person for front-end technical queries within the project team. You will also technically onboard, support and guide less experienced front-end developers in the project/company. you will breathe Elements' values and way of working and you will always be encouraged to make suggestions to improve it. Last but not least, we would love to see that you have a natural drive to stay up to speed with the latest technological innovations.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Sound knowledge of modern frameworks, libraries and tools (React, Vue)
- At least 1 year of experience with Vue
- Solid grasp of interfacing with RESTful APIs
- Be well versed in style sheet languages such as Sass/SCSS
- Experience with code driven animations & transitions
- Preferably also experience in mobile development and responsive lay-outs
- Previous exposure to agile project methodology (Scrum)
- Excellent English language and communication skills
- Proactive mentality, flexible, open-minded and a team-player attitude
- Able to technically support and guide junior front-end developers
- Valid working permit for Spain.
- Ideally, you are based in Barcelona area or nearby, but for this vacancy we are open to consider remote candidates living in other areas of Spain.
WHAT WE OFFER
Please, note that the current situation caused by Covid-19 has an impact on some of the benefits we offer (e.g. team events). Also, right now going to our Barcelona office is voluntary.
- You will be a part of our international, talented and inspiring developers team, where you get to teach and learn at the same time
- We provide you with the equipment of your choice
- We provide you with free breakfast, snacks, fruits and refreshments every day, unlimited freshly ground coffee and large variety of teas
- You will have flexible working hours and a possibility to occasionally work from home and/or remotely
- We also offer an opportunity to work on your health by organising team sports activities and providing significant discounts for physiotherapy sessions.
- We encourage you to visit events/conferences and/or take courses to keep up-to-date and gain new skills.
- Language Courses (when applicable)
- In addition to your salary, we contribute to your daily lunch costs through a Sodexo Restaurant Card
- We also offer a flexible compensation plan for your transport, lunch and nursery cost
- An insured company bicycle for home-work commute and personal use
- And, to top it off, obviously, what is work without some fun? We regularly organise drinks, dinners and team building outings
Do you see this role as a good match? Then we'd love to hear from you. If you want to know more about us, check our blog: https://medium.com/elements
But one thing will never change — and it’s the one thing technology can’t replicate. Our hearts, minds and souls. Since day one, we’ve incorporated the human element into everything we do. We believe people come first. This is what sets Elements apart. We combine our unique human DNA and technical craftsmanship into every digital experience we create for our customers.
It’s our responsibility to maintain this human factor to make tech work for us and with us. This is how we will keep leading the way to a smarter, more human-focused future.
Our pragmatic mindset and down to earth attitude have not changed since our early start in 1996. While our relatively small team consists of people from different backgrounds, a passion for technology and user experience brings us together.