Caravelo is a travel-tech company with a global team and roots in Barcelona that specializes in subscriptions. We make travel better and more accessible by enabling our clients to offer better products and helping them to become more profitable and more stable businesses.Our team has been growing over the past few years and at the moment we are a team of circa 50 people working mostly from our HQ in Barcelona. If you’d like to be part of our growth journey, read on.
We are looking for a Senior Front-end Developer, willing to contribute to the building of a unique component library for our domain (travel subscriptions) and lead the transformation of our Frontend architecture from the baseline.
There’s an existing platform written in Laravel that will be encapsulated to open the opportunity for this transformation. The new, modern, architecture will include: APIs, backend for frontend and micro front ends for high scalability.The Fronted team is responsible for the development and maintenance of the UX/UI web components used in our product rollouts for our airline clients. We aim to do it in a scalable and clean way, leveraging good quality code and documentation that allows other developers and external tech teams (such as airline tech teams) to implement them as well.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implement and extend user interfaces for our SaaS platform, support new use cases with analysis and implementation.
- Adhere to Frontend Engineering standards and best practices.
- Good estimation of complexity and delivery time.
- Develop reusable components, through clean code that is simple and efficient.
- Consume APIs.
- Good estimation of technical debt, detecting current debt and alerting the team when we are generating more. Actively propose improvements to reduce technical debt.
- Personalize our existing product lines to fit our client’s needs. Also turn personalization into plugins and web components that contribute to our mission of scaling up and avoid cluttering our main platform.
- Continuous refactor of code from oneself and others, with the aim of simplifying, modularizing, improving performance and having stable code.
- Create great technical documentation.
- Setup and perform UATs with clients.
- You will have completed your onboarding, which will include an understanding of the business at a high level, the composition of the place in terms of the platform modules and its technical debt, you will carry out pair-programming with some members of the Engineering team so that you understand the challenges from within and in the day to day.
- You will be familiar with (almost) all subdomains of knowledge and know who to turn to when in doubt.
- You will know, test and confirm the pain points of the actual implementation and will start having in your mind what needs to be changed.
- You will have already got hold of the FrontEnd team and the mission to achieve, having a very clear idea of the steps to take in the short and medium term.
- You will master the Columbus frontend from cover to cover and have contributed to it through your first deployments. You will be immersed in this planning of the new architecture, proposing scenarios and alternatives that help make decisions with the entire team aligned.
- At this point, you will no longer be directly involved in low-level definitions, but you will have contributed to the construction of the Front at a high level and you will contribute to strategic team and technology decisions that help achieve Caravelo's mission: ⚡ (Reminder: we want to conquer the Subscription space in the Travel sector!!)
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- +5 years of experience in frontend development positions!
- Be familiar with one of the latest frameworks (Vue.js or React as a plus). We currently use VueJs.
- Experience with web components, adaptive design.
- Experience with SOLID principles, unit testing and integration tests
- Experience contributing in shared code, performing Peer Reviews and submitting work for other’s review. (Git, GItLab, BitBucket, Mercurial or any other SVN)
- Experience with project management software and issue tracking (Atlassian suite)
- Good written and verbal communication skills, English is required (B2, C1 Level)
- Be resourceful and self-organized, with ability to work independently
- Experience with Laravel or with any other Backend programming language (C++, Java, Rust, or other)
- Experience with micro frontends and involved in defining new architecture.
WHAT WE OFFER
Competitive salary and progression framework
Flexible working hours
Remote work options
A fantastic and spacious office in the heart of Barcelona
Free coffee & beer while in the office
The possibility to see the results of your work, and have a real impact on the business
Diverse, inclusive and international work environment
Tax Free Benefits with Cobee:
Private Health Insurance with Mapfre
Training and conferences budget
Healthy life with Andjoy discount
23 days holidays
Fun environment & team: company events, celebrations, etc.
At Caravelo we are always looking for people with the right mix of passion, authenticity, and attitude to join our team. We are also proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer.
We are a Barcelona based technology company specializing in solutions for the travel industry. Over 20 airline and travel brands around the world partner with us, with our platforms enabling growth in incremental revenue and expanding distribution into intuitive new areas.
Our platforms have been honed by over 8 years of development and have enabled over 50 products within the industry. We are now being recognized by the industry as a go-to provider for innovative solutions that make a difference to travelers and travel brands.