Do you love design and responsive web interfaces that just feel right?
Poki is an online playground with millions of users around the world. We bring fun games to kids of all ages, while helping game developers achieve success on web and mobile. Our roots are on the web, but we're expanding to bring fun to our users on all platforms. We're looking for an experienced Front-End Web Developer with a feel for design and user experience, to join us in our Amsterdam office and help us build an ambitious new digital product that will bring casual games and video to our global multi-million audience.
Do you recognize yourself in the following?
I’m self-motivated and highly responsible – I thrive on freedom
I enjoy working in a dynamic and agile environment
I'm always open to new ideas, perspectives and solutions
I’m eager to learn, and love to share
I'd love to work with a fun, informal and diverse bunch of people
Then we are looking for you!
As our Senior Front-End Web Developer, you have an excellent feel for design and are able to implement this yourself using the latest front-end web technologies. Your implementations work on all browser types and are fully responsive. You will be joining our agile development team. You'll work with our other developers, but will also closely collaborate with our Product Design and Business Intelligence teams.
Build the front-end of the new Poki.com, allow us to grow from 30 million to 100 million monthly active users and beyond.
Develop and improve the Poki Publishing dashboard, making it the tool of choice for game developers that want to succeed with their games.
- Hack together rapid prototypes we design, to test out lots of cool new features with real users.
- Unify our codebase and separate front- and back-end with low-latency web API’s.
- Build beautiful dashboards that translate data to actionable insights for our team and for game developers.
Continuously iterate and work with our product design team to improve the user experience of the Poki Platform.
- Microservices on AWS
- We just switched from PHP to Go on the back-end
- React and Redux on the front-end, Node.js for server-side rendering
- Gitlab for CI, unit tests and deployment
- Docker for containers
- Kubernetes for cluster orchestration
Have 5+ years of professional programming experience, and a lot longer than that as a hobby.
- Have extensive experience with front-end frameworks, such as React, AngularJS or Backbone.js.
- Have a passion for design and outstanding UX – not just clean code (obviously, we expect you to be familiar with SASS and ES6).
- Understand the quirks of modern and less up to date browsers.
Have a background working with RESTful web services.
Have excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Are already based in The Netherlands, preferably around Amsterdam.
Open-source project contributions.
- Experience with Go and Node.js in a microservice environment would
be cool, but we believe any good programmer can easily pick up new
tools. Your skills, smarts and vision are way more important.
A competitive salary
State of the art equipment
Work in a fun, friendly and informal environment
A workplace that respects developer productivity
A diverse, talented and self-motivated team
The opportunity to contribute to our strategy with your technical expertise
A chance to build your career with our fast-growing company
- No formal hierarchy and a lot of personal responsibility and freedom