Wallbox is a global company, dedicated to changing the way the world uses energy in the electric vehicle industry. We create smart charging systems that combine innovative technology with outstanding design and manage the communication between vehicle, grid, building, and charger.
Wallbox offers a complete portfolio of charging and energy management solutions for residential and semi-public use in more than 60 countries and soon will begin commercializing public charging solutions as well.
Founded in 2015, with headquarters in Barcelona, our mission is to facilitate the adoption of electric vehicles today to make more sustainable use of energy tomorrow. Our talent has no borders - we welcome over 600 Wallboxers from over 35 nationalities in Europe, Asia, and the Americas.
Ready to change the world with us?
About the role:
The Engineering Project Manager is an integral part of the engineering development team and will be responsible for executing a broad range of product development oversight and coordinations for product manufacturing.
- End-to-end ownership of the product development execution from concept to manufacturing.
- Work with product and tech team (electronics/power electronics, mechanics, software) to develop the high level requirements and concept.
- Responsible for project planning, execution and monitoring through the product life cycle, working closely with the engineering team and product managers.
- Act as the project champion and the point of contact between engineering and other departments such as operations and product.
- Develop and maintain an interactive product development timeline that shows the details of the development.
- Develop and maintain a progress tracker that details and accounts for the variety of engineering development tasks needed during a product lifecycle.
- Coordinating the activities of cross functional engineering teams (HW, SW, Validation).
- Work with multiple cross functional operations teams, including: Supply Chain, Quality, Industrialization, Manufacturing.
- Work closely with product managers and service engineers to tackle issues in the field
- Report to the Project Management Office, and keep the project stakeholders up to date about the project status including changes to scope, milestones and risks.
- Use great interpersonal and communication skills to build and sustain relationships with other people involved in the project.
- Collaboration and reporting skills to provide project telemetry.
- Fluent spoken and written English skills, at least at C1 level.
- +2 years of Hardware development background (electronics/power electronics, industrial engineering or similar studies) with hands on skills and experience.
- +3 years experience in HW development project management from concept to manufacturing (production line).
- Experience working closely with in-house teams as well as outsourced providers.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion.
- Ability to work cross functionally between engineering and operations teams.
- Communicate effectively with technology team members, product managers and business stakeholders.
- Capable to manage details while seeing the big picture – and accomplishing it.
- Formal training in project management practices preferred (e.x. V model HW development with agile/adaptive project management).
- Experience in similar roles in multi-cultural and high-tech environments.
- Ability to take the end-to-end product ownership.
- Ability to understand complex development projects and identify critical elements.
- Ability to think out of the box, and be solution oriented.
- Analytical skills and be data-driven.
- Experience working with Jira, Confluence, MS project, G-Suite.
Nice to have:
- Fluent spoken and written Spanish skills.
- Experience with project management of the development and delivery of consumer electronics and IoT.
- Knowledge and experience in renewable energy and electric vehicles
- 100% company paid private medical insurance, including dental coverage, after one month.
- Attractive compensation package.
- Possibility to partially work remotely in Barcelona.
- Friday afternoons off.
- Opportunity to advance your payroll (under request).
- Unlimited coffee & beverages.
- Language classes (English & Spanish).
- Sports channel, which offers online classes until our gym is opened.
- Monthly “All Hands” & other team events.
- Brand new canteen with a variety of breakfast and lunch dishes, everyday, for a discounted price.
- Brand new offices in Zona Franca.
- Over 35 different nationalities.
- No suits! Unless it’s Carnival or Halloween.
Please upload your CV in English
*At Wallbox, we’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be a more equal opportunity workplace.
About Wallbox Chargers
St. Andreu de la Barca, Barcelona, Spain