Shipping is complex and online stores need solutions to compete globally. With our technology, you can improve the shipping experience of your customers and deliver a premium services.
Operating in 10 countries, our passion for getting shipping right means we support our customers every step of the way, making shipping simple and transparent
Our vision: to facilitate online shipping around the world
Our mission: helping online stores offer a great delivery experience.
Our values: making our inclusive and proactive company culture our core guide.
Earn it - Without trust, we can’t grow. We earn trust from our teammates, customers and partners through hard work and great results.
Do it - Act, accomplish, repeat—that’s how we achieve our shared vision. Our team doesn’t overthink it, we are simply shipping by simply thinking!
Live it - We’re at our best when we’re challenged, learning and having fun.
Do you live and breathe engineering in all of its aspects? If you can see yourself both inspiring / mentoring those around you and thriving in your code, then this is the perfect opportunity for you to drive a dynamic engineering team in a growing company.
You will bring excellent interpersonal and leadership skills to this role, working with talented people in an effort to understand their needs and help them progress in their careers.
In addition, your impact will be really critical in the growth plan being part of the Engineering strategic decisions.
But don’t worry! You won’t be alone! As Senior Engineering Manager you'll report direct to the Packlink CTO Eduardo Gulias- https://www.linkedin.com/in/eduardogulias/
Being part of the SEM’s team working every day with your great teammates:
Asier Marqués - https://www.linkedin.com/in/asier
Nacho Velazquez - https://www.linkedin.com/in/nass600/
Txesk Planells - https://www.linkedin.com/in/francesc-planells/
As a Senior Engineering Manager, your scope will be the whole Engineering department, you will dedicate to management tasks 100% of your time.
About our Engineering organizational design you will work with other roles as Engineering Managers and Tech Lead among others.
Here you can read about our different career paths: The Path to our Career Path - Medium
- Tons of microservices, with more than 60 in production
- More than 3.6K requests per minute... are you up for the challenge?
- Event oriented architecture
- An awesome design system for creating a product with more consistent user experiences
- DevOps mentality
- A great QA Assistant approach
- A growing team at a fast paced environment
- A company with more than 15 nationalities.
- Last but not least, great people to work with ;)
- You will be working within the Senior Engineering Managers team.
- You will be a key contributor to help the Engineering Managers you manage to take their team to the next level.
- Conducting regular 1:1s with your reportees to give and receive feedback and to have a clear picture of theirs and their teams needs.
- Coaching and mentoring through experience and best practices.
- Helping individuals determine the best way to reach their professional goals.
- Managing performance and providing useful, timely feedback.
- Guiding engineers to the right training courses, conferences, and potential stretch projects.
- Coordinate with other Senior Engineer Managers to have common strategies and goals regarding people growth and engineering organization and processes.
- Contributing to management best practices: helping us become an exceptional place to work for the ambitious, highly motivated people that we hire.
- Participate in hiring processes and in the decision making of new candidates
- Maintain a supportive and engaging team culture.
- Lead by example.
- Report directly to the CTO.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders, group product managers, tech leads and other departments to achieve our goals.
- In addition, you will work a lot with us in the HR team for developing common people care strategies!
- At least 5 years in software engineering management roles with at least 1 year of experience leading managers.
- Proven skills managing talent development processes such as Performance Reviews, structured 1:1 or feedback loops.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit and lead a diverse, high-performing engineering team
- Ability to communicate context (both technical and strategic) and connect it with how the team impacts the organization
- Previous experience as Software engineer (IC) in a professional environment (any area).
- Demonstrated talent as a mentor and leader. We bet you still remember the last time you helped someone achieve their career goals and also an interesting story about shipping great software within a challenging context..
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, proactive, self-sufficient..
- Team player who understands the need to involve all the team members in the decision making process.
- Highly communicative, you’re able to work with multiple teams: internal and external team members, clients and providers.
- We are an international company, fluency with both English and Spanish is required.
Depending on your background:
- For backend: Solid experience with Java >8 and it’s functional bits. Knowledge/ experience with Scala is a big plus.
- For QA: Hands-on experience in a web automation project with Selenium WebDriver or similar automation frameworks
- For Cloud: Wide experience with Docker, Consul, RabbitMQ and other cloud-enabling technologies. Our infrastructure is deployed in GCP but if you have experience in AWS or Azure will be good too
- Experience with microservices (or distributed systems) architecture is a plus.
- Have worked in a scale up or hyper growth environment.
- Previous experience working in a remote first setup leading 100% remote engineering teams.
- It would be valuable to have a degree in Computer Science or related technical/scientific discipline.
✔️ Competitive salary package.
- Annual Gross Salary: 65.000 - 75.000€
- Stock Options Package after the first year.
- Company Perks.
- 📙 Personal Training Budget. Up to 2000€/year training budget (certifications, conferences attendance…) for investing in your professional development. We want to help you to improve your technical skills, feel involved in the tech community, and develop your soft skills in order to lead teams or manage other stakeholders.
- 🗺️ Languages classes on a weekly basis. Thirsty of knowledge? Learn a new language by joining our free English/Spanish/French classes. In groups of 4-5 people, you can connect and enjoy taking up a new language or improving your current skills with one of our great instructors.
- 📈 Engineering Career Path. A career growth plan, created by engineers for engineers. You can check it in our blog (https://medium.com/packlinkeng/the-path-to-our-career-path-8781e4565ae3)
- 📖 Learning weekly initiatives. Share is caring, join us for our weekly Learning Meetings. Be the driver or the attendant, you choose!
- 💬 Be an active part of the tech community. Opportunity to attend and participate in local and international technological events. We are doing really cool things and we feel really proud to share them!
- 🏠 We are a remote-first company All team members at Packlink are remote employees. After COVID, you can decide if you want to work in the office 2 days a week or 3 days per quarter—it's up to you. We also cover your expenses for working from home (50€ per month/600€ per year).
- 💻 Everything you need to work from home. Whether you prefer Mac, Linux or Windows (or an additional screen or two), we set you up for success when working remotely.
- Referral Fee 🔗 We need your support in hiring top-class talent! We offer a referral bonus of 1k-3K, depending on the complexity of the role and the hiring process.
- 🏐 Health and Wellness: The well-being of our team is super important to us. Choose from different options that help you focus on your health:
- Gym membership or exercise classes (pilates, kick-boxing, etc.)—we’re happy to cover the cost!
- If you prefer private health insurance, we offer a great plan courtesy of our partner Sanitas.
- Last but not least, we have psychological assistance free of charge.
- 🎂 Enjoy your Birthday Take your birthday off to celebrate!
- ⚖️ Great work-life balance We offer a flexible work schedule and will do our best to adapt to your personal situation. Working in a fast growth environment can be intense, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t enjoy your free time!
- 💜 An inclusive and upbeat work environment Leave your suit behind... we’re a t-shirt and converse kind of place! More importantly, our company culture promotes diversity and inclusion. The personality and opinions of each of our team members are important and valid, and we aim to offer all employees a safe environment where they can be themselves and thrive.
- 🌍 A cross-cultural atmosphere We are a truly international team of 15 nationalities that speak 10 languages. Our company language is English and all internal communication and company-wide meetings are in English.
- 🏟️ Company events Work hard, play hard! We do our best every day, even at our regular team-building events. Everything is currently remote, but we’re looking forward to organising in-person company events once again in the near future!
- 💰 Flexible Salary We work with a flexible compensation plan for transport, restaurants and kindergarten so our employees can save on personal income tax.