Getting paid effectively remains a significant problem for non-tech B2B businesses in Europe. At Upflow, we're on a mission to help our customers save time and money getting paid and gain deep insights into their customer exposure. We're creating a fully fledged payment platform from scratch and we aim to become the industry standard for B2B payments. Think Stripe but for traditional (non-tech) businesses. It's an incredibly complex and multi-faceted problem, which remains largely unsolved today.
- We’re building a next generation, state-of-the-art payments platform
for European businesses. We’re also a regulated financial institution
- A growing, close knit team of 9 people (3 engineers) taking on a massive product and engineering challenge.
- We’re addressing a huge customer pain in an extremely large market.
- We think big - we’re building the next European fintech and want you to join us.
- We're in the latest eFounders batch, collectively our peers have raised over $120M in 2018. We’ve raised as well.
- React on the frontend
- Node, express, graphql, sequelize, postgres and redis on the backend.
- We have two microservices: the payments stack & the api.
- CI/CD through circleci, hosted on heroku, code on github
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset and are at ease in a very fast paced and rapidly changing environment.
- 3+ years of industry experience in software engineering with full-stack web applications.
- Proven track record of designing and building extremely high quality user facing applications.
- Pragmatic approach to engineering that strikes a balance between
seamless experiences, beautiful code, maintainability, and time to
- Appreciation for a test-driven, code-review culture.
What you will do
- Own your work: lead projects from concept to completion. You’re in control of your own success.
- Build & improve code across the entire stack (see below) for new and existing products.
- Practice and encourage software engineering best practices:
reasonable test coverage, appropriate modularisation, designing cohesive
interfaces, and making the call on technical trade-offs.
- Ship code to customers every week and measure its impact.
- Collaborate in technical reviews to strengthen our architecture and system designs.
- A fulfilling, challenging work experience building a product that solves a large customer pain.
- Competitive salary and equity.
- Quarterly team building off sites
- Latest Macbook pro.
- Ability to spend a significant amount of time working remotely (if that’s what floats your boat). And time off when you need it.
- Lovely offices located in the heart of the Parisian startup ecosystem.