At CommonShare, we envision, create and grow marketplaces that bring industries with deep supply chains online. In so doing, our goal is to drive rapid increases in production and consumption of sustainable products while driving transparency throughout the supply chain. We currently operate three marketplaces under different brand identities and will be launching the CommonShare.com marketplace this fall as a compliment to these brands. Our team is distributed across the world, committed to a culture of learning and excellence, and highly passionate about the work we are doing.
We are looking for an experienced Back-end Developer to join our growing team. We are specifically looking for a strong architect that can compliment our CTO as we roll out new marketplaces. You will be expected to design systems architecture, build abstracable code, and continually push our team to operate as close to our potential as possible.
Attitude and Cultural Fit:
• You are proactive, analytical and work accurately and result-based
• You are able to work in a team and highly respectful of people who come from all backgrounds and walks of life. No drama.
• You have been an entrepreneur or have worked in a growth stage start-up.
• You have strong emotional intelligence.
• Uncertainty and consistently evolving business requirements is something you expect given your previous experience in a venture environment.
• You are able to be extremely motivated while working in a remote environment.
• You are able to travel to meet up with senior team members as and if required.
• You are excited about building applications that have a positive impact on the world. Building the next “Tinder for X” is not your jam.
• 4+ years of commercial back-end development
• 4+ years of Ruby, RoR (version 5.2), Rails best practices
• 2+ years of Trailblazer Architecture
• 5+ years of designing databases, preferably Postgresql
• 3+ years using Jira as a project / scrum management tool
• 4+ years of using Git, Git-flow, Circle CI,
• Ability to build scalable code
• Learning ability, desire to develop something new
• Professionally proficient in reading, writing, and speaking English
• A challenging and creative job
• A passionate group of globally distributed team members interested in changing the world.
• Chance to grow with an internationally active company. You will be working directly with the CEO, CTO and the CEO/Product Team of ventures we support on our platform
• Stock options for all employees
How to apply:
Please send your application and résumé through Angelist. If your profile does not have the following attributes, it will be immediately rejected:
• Cover letter
• Github Profile
• Desired Salary on an Annualized Basis