At Spotify, we’ve connected millions of people to their favorite songs and created a service that people use to discover and enjoy music they love. We’re in 65 markets…and counting! We aim to revolutionize the way people consume music, and we’ll need some very talented people to help us achieve our mission.
We are looking for a broadly experienced Senior Editor/Music Programmer to join Spotify’s Shows and Editorial team in Spain, based in Madrid. You will identify and curate first-rate music playlist listening experiences for a multitude of our moods, moments, and genres. You demonstrate a real passion for performance-oriented analytics and will have your ear to the ground in the music community, focusing on Spain and Portugal. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
What you’ll do
- You will work on identifying and substantiate content hypotheses
- You play a senior editorial role in the Music Culture strategy for the region
- You will be responsible for presenting and follow up on strategic and creative projects and bets within Spain
- Lead strategic project within Shows & Editorial (S&E) and represent S&E in cross-functional bets within the company
- Curate for a large number of varied playlists; our playlist-brands and shows
- You will analyze analytics and performance indicators of your own work
- Work with the global editorial team and cross-functional teams to progress towards various content objectives
Who you are
- You have significant experience from the music industry where connecting and serving audiences with artists, creators, and music in today’s music landscapes have been an integral part of your job and missions
- You have a deep knowledge of music and culture, with a focus on Iberia and its music marketplace
- You possess a precise level of written and spoken Spanish and English and you’re able to demonstrate a deep understanding of – and experience with – Spotify as a user and fan. Portuguese language skills are an advantage
- You are also able to lean on a good reputation and a strong network within the Spanish and Portuguese music -and entertainment industry
- You are organized and pay attention to details, you have a team spirit, and a strong work ethic
- You enjoy working in a dynamic environment and address challenges with a friendly, warm attitude
- You have a story that demonstrates your passion for music that you can tell us about!
Please attach your CV in English!
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.