The Auth0 Platform Observability team owns the observability tooling that monitors the Auth0 Platform and we are looking for an Observability Engineer to help ensure that our Product and Platform Engineers can monitor and observe our platform while continuing to rapidly ship software that our customers love. If you have experience within the Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) field or working as a Development Operations (DevOps) engineer, and you have a passion in Observability tooling, this position will allow you to further your learning and development in these areas.
We are looking for engineers who are passionate about monitoring, observing, measuring uptime and availability, and ensuring stability for our platform. Our engineers maintain and automate observability tooling for our entire platform, including metrics, logs, and traces.
- Be an expert for running services in production environments
- Contribute to the process of designing services for high growth and high availability
- Provision, configure, and monitor cloud-native infrastructure and services
- Automate key processes
You might work on:
- Troubleshooting performance issues and operational issues
- Automating operational tasks and improving scripts
- Assisting with and providing feedback for performance testing and automation
- Provisioning infrastructure and services in collaboration with product engineers
- 5+ years platform operations engineering, SRE, or DevOps experience
- Experience with cloud infrastructure like AWS, Google Cloud, or Azure
- Experience with Datadog, Kibana, Elasticsearch, or Lightstep
- Experience managing infrastructure with Terraform
- Proficiency in Golang, Python, or Node.js
- Demonstrable expertise in monitoring distributed applications at scale
- Deep understanding of microservice architecture and best practices
- Experience coaching and mentoring more junior engineers
- Also useful if you have:
- Experience with Ubuntu or similar Linux distributions
- Experience working with multi region geo-localized data and services
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs.