Primary Location: ES-Alcobendas
The Devops Team specializes in the reliability of Euronet systems and processes. You will use your background as an operations generalist to work closely with our development teams from the early stages of design all the way through identifying and resolving production issues. The ideal candidate will be passionate about an operations role that involves deep knowledge of both the application, the product and will also believe that automation is a key component to operating large-scale systems.
- Help define the future of and contribute directly to Euronet’s infrastructure
- Ensure high uptime (99.98%) of our platform, performance, and scalability by leading the architecture, deployment, automation, maintenance, and management of mission-critical production systems.
- Work closely with our Software Development and Engineering teams to build platforms before they go live, building a reliable production-ready services and applications.
- Manage major incidents to mitigation/resolution, perform post-incident reviews of all major incidents and determine action items required to avoid similar issues/minimize downtime for future incidents.
- Work with Software Development and Engineering teams to ensure that assigned applications/platforms have appropriate monitoring and metrics in place to measure performance and stability, appropriately.
- Build tools and automation that eliminate work and reduce the time it takes to resolve an issue for public cloud and on-premises resources.
- Staying calm under pressure
- Coach team members, provide knowledge transfer to coworkers and encourage acquisition of new skills.
- Provide rotational on-call support where you’ll respond, detect, triage and resolve production incidents
- Meet all Euronet information security best practices to ensure all compliance requirements are met
- 5 or more years’ experience software development and/or systems engineering
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience required
- Strong knowledge of Linux and Windows operating systems and environment
- Strong knowledge of Networking, Load balancers, DNS, NTP and TCP/IP
- Proficiency in the design principles for monitoring and alerting systems.
- Solid scripting skills; experience with Shell, Bash, Ansible, Python, Powershell, Ruby.
- Experience in setting up CI/CD pipelines (Gitlab or AzureDevops)
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
- A willingness to learn on the job and take on tasks as needed
- Experience with one or more of the following AWS technologies: Global Accelerator, ALB, NLB, EKS, EC2, VPC, S3, RDS
- Experience with some Infrastructure Automation like Terraform, Ansible, Puppet/Foreman
- Experience with containers
- Knowledge with container orchestration
- Experience with one or more of the following F5 products: LTM, ASM, GTM, AFM, BIGIQ
- Experience with web servers IIS and Apache.
- Experience with professional monitoring systems as a solution such as Icinga, Grafana, Uptrends, New Relic or SolarWinds
- Experience with one or more of the technologies used for big data: ELK, Beats, Kafka, Redis, Searchguard.
- Experience with Postfix