As an online gaming studio, our software is the heart of our business. We strive to create a safe, engaging and unparalleled player experience. We research, experiment and iterate. Our mission: to build a product and an organisation that puts the experience first, delivering high-quality games our players love while enabling our people to be productive and creative without unnecessary disturbances.
We’re currently looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer who can evaluate and implement software and infrastructure technologies to improve technology, both for our partners using our services globally, as well as for fellow employees working in the Games Team.
What you will do:
- Build scalable, highly-available, robust infrastructure to support our games systems and ensure their continuous delivery.
- Work closely with the development team to build and support gaming products.
- Manage automation processes, from provisioning and inception through to day-to-day operations.
- Research, evaluate and implement various technologies to improve our gaming platform efficiency, performance and availability.
- Work regularly with open source technologies.
- Maintain internal and compliance documentation.
- Support our compliance team in keeping our systems compliant.
- Work as part of a cluster and within an Agile cross-functional team.
- Take full ownership of the infrastructure, from the inception of ideas to deployment, maintenance and keeping it running; i.e. You build it, you ship it, you own it. Endorse a DevOps mentality in getting stuff done.
- Become a member of our engineering culture, learning from other talented people, and sharing your own knowledge.
- As part of the team, you will participate in technical discussions. You should be ready to challenge our architecture, propose changes, and ultimately implement them. We believe in rapid iteration and always using the right tool for the job.
Who we are looking for:
- Is highly experienced with AWS cloud provider.
- Has a solid grasp of networking and security around both data centre and cloud-based environments.
- Strives to build and maintain highly available business-critical systems within a microservices environment.
- Has a deep understanding of Linux and is comfortable with scripting in languages like bash and python.
- Experience in scalability design would be considered an asset.
- Endorses Infrastructure as Code and automation.
- Is proactive, enthusiastic, and capable of solving complex technical problems in a highly available environment.
- Has demonstrated practical experience with technologies such as CDNs, firewalls, load balancers, web servers, docker, messaging systems, orchestration tooling, monitoring and log aggregation.
DevOps at Casumo Games
At Casumo Games, we take pride in our Engineering culture and our product quality and quirkiness. We have a modern engineering mindset, we move fast, experiment and apply an automated test approach. We believe every individual’s needs and desires to be unique and let each developer be the main force for creating their best work environment and making an impact. As a devops engineer, you will collaborate with an international, distributed and highly skilled team. We highly value team spirit and a respectful environment. A humble and open mindset is essential to reach higher aims. Our mission is to deliver highly available, performant, scalable and self-healing stacks using CI/CD pipelines so that our services run with zero downtime. Our mindset is to deliver the best technology stacks needed by the business. We pride ourselves on continuously improving our setup and tools. We research, evaluate, implement, iterate.
A few of the cool things we are up to:
- Entering the next scalability phase for our gaming platform, we are growing big and fast and we need to upgrade our platform to support the business for the next 5 years.
- Knowledge sharing is part of our DNA and key to our survival. We believe that knowledge preservation and sharing is becoming key to enablement, survival and success. We organise sessions where teams share how they tackle problems and innovative ideas to do things differently.
- Product and coverage expansion are powering healthy growth providing ever more opportunities to learn and develop.
- Making an impact on a daily basis by contributing to building an unparalleled product challenging the status-quo in the gaming space.
- Explore, experiment and grow together in a small, highly-skilled, energetic and passionate team.
- Distributed team: work with talented people sitting all over Europe in different offices and remote locations.
Join us for a career where you’ll grow personally & professionally within an Agile environment.
Casumo is the first online adventure-based casino. Our mission is to disrupt the industry by focusing on developing a new betting experience, using gamification and slick UI to provide an unparalleled user experience. We are quite unique in what we do and how we do it and we take pride in our Engineering culture and our Product quality and quirkiness.
Engineering at Casumo
At Casumo, we take pride in our Engineering culture and our Product quality and quirkiness. We have a modern engineering mindset, we move fast, experiment and apply an automated test approach. We believe every individual’s need and desire to be unique and let each developer be the main force for creating their best work environment and make impact. Our engineers collaborate as an international, distributed and highly skilled team. We highly value team spirit and a respectful environment. A humble and open mindset is essential to reach higher aims. We have active contributors to open source (Zipkin, Springboot, Axon framework); we care about knowledge sharing internally and externally, and we mean it. This is why we run internal Tech events and trainings - the latest being Axon - and encourage our staff to attend and/or speak to conferences. The sumos are making real impact by working on an unparalleled product. We explore, experiment and grow together in a small, highly-skilled, energetic and passionate team
What are we currently up to
- Development of new greenfield products using modern technologies
- Creating beautiful UI interactions driven by gestures
- Splitting the entire system into small, more cohesive subsystems and microservices
- New integrations with various game suppliers and payment providers.
Our tech stack:
- Backend side:
Java Microservices, EventSourcing, CQRS, DDD, messaging (RabbitMQ & Kafka) and Axon. Java frameworks: Spring Boot, Spring, Hibernate. Devops: Docker, Jenkins, AWS, cloud
- Frontend side:
KnockOutJS, Durandel, ReactJS, React Native, VueJS.
Check our current positions at casumo careers