Senior DevOps Engineer in Barcelona
We are TravelPerk: a scaling unicorn valued at $1.3billion that has raised over $400m since our creation in 2015.
Backed by world-class investors with portfolios including AirBnb, Stripe, Slack, Trello, Gusto, Twitter, Farfetch and Deliveroo, our team is made up of A-players from across the travel and technology industries.
Over the past few years, we’ve been named the fastest-growing SaaS startup in the world by SaaS1000 and featured as one of the hottest startups to watch by both Forbes and Wired. We’re revolutionizing the B2B corporate travel market—worth over $1.3 trillion— to connect people in real life in an enjoyable and sustainable way.
TravelPerk are innovators. During the last year we have welcomed and acquired the likes of Click Travel, NexTravel and Albatross to the team. From TravelCare, to FlexiPerk and of course GreenPerk we are shaping the future of the industry.
We are looking for Senior DevOps Engineers that will contribute to the design, development and maintenance of our production and development infrastructure including all our deployment pipelines. As part of your role it will be crucial to ensure that the company has the required tooling to deploy, monitor, maintain and control the usage of the platform infrastructure and to ensure the security and safety of our applications and data.
In this role, you should have a keen eye for detail and excellent automation skills. If you are also competent in monitoring and are passionate about quality, we’d like to meet you.
You will work on a day-to-day basis with our product team to design, architect and implement our product. TravelPerk is a next-generation platform to take the pain out of booking and managing business travel.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer you will:
- Manage the current platform infrastructure
- Manage the current code deployment pipelines
- Ensure the safety and security of all our infrastructure and data
- Maintain all the cloud tools used on the production infrastructure
- Support product squads with the relevant knowledge about the infrastructure evolution and needs
- Recommend ways to improve the current setup
Required skills and experience:
- Experience as a Software Engineer or similar role working with large-scale infrastructure systems
- Relevant knowledge related to cloud virtualisation platforms such as AWS, Azure or Google Cloud
- Relevant knowledge with regards to containerisation technologies such as Docker or Kubernetes
- Excellent scripting and automation skills
- Knowledge/Understanding of:
- Scripting (Python, Ansible, Bash, Linux, etc.)
- CircleCi, Codeship, Fastlane, BitRise or similar technologies
What do we offer?
- Competitive compensation including equity in the company
- Generous vacation days so you can rest and recharge
- Health perks such as private healthcare or gym allowance
- "Flexible compensation plan" to help you diversify and increase the net salary
- Unforgettable TravelPerk events including to travel to one of our hubs
- Mental health support tools for your wellbeing
- Exponential growth opportunities
Our Vision is for a world where TravelPerk serves as the platform for human connection in-real-life (IRL). We take an IRL-first approach to work, where our team works together in-person 3 days a week. As such, this role requires you to be based within commuting distance of our Barcelona hub. We fundamentally believe in the value of meeting in-real-life to improve connectivity, productivity, creativity and ultimately making us a great place to work.
For certain roles, we can help with relocation from anywhere in the world, English is the official language at the office. Please submit your resume in English if you choose to apply. Do not forget to submit an updated portfolio and/or resume.
TravelPerk is a global company with a diverse customer base—and we want to make sure the people behind our product reflect that. We’re an equal opportunity employer, which means you’re welcome at TravelPerk regardless of how you look, where you’re from, or anything else that makes you, well, you.
Are you a Software Engineer with extensive programming experience? Is your code fast, efficient and reliable? We mainly work with Python/Django & React but we don't close any door to smart people who can bring value to our product.
Do you particularly enjoy working with amazing people, having fun at work and want to make an impact? If so, let’s talk!