There are more than 350 million reasons to join Brainly — one for every student you’ll help go from questioning to understanding. Team up with us as we build and continue improving one of the most popular ed-tech products on the planet. In a world of questions and uncertainty, you can be part of the answer as we shape the future of learning and change lives, one student at a time. If this excites you, you know what to do next.
Let’s get to know each other. And get ready to make a difference!
The Automation Infrastructure Team at Brainly is working on some of the most complex challenges in the ed-tech space: creating safe communities for students around the world. We focus on building the automated solutions that enable Brainly users to safely ask and answer millions of questions every day.
The systems we build are used across all of Brainly, making us one of the most impactful teams at the company. We are currently looking for skilled DevOps Engineers to join our Automation Infrastructure Team and help us build out our Data System Platform. Focused on creating IaaC, service catalog modules and supporting green field project for data system.
Are you a goal-driven team player who can prioritize tasks? Great! Are you able to adapt to rapidly changing conditions while continuing to learn and better yourself? Awesome! Are you a detail-oriented expert when it comes to focusing on quality? Amazing! If you answered yes to these questions, you could be the perfect candidate for this role!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Collaborates with team members and stakeholders to identify, architect, develop and deliver solutions
- Develop, deploy, and maintain systems & services in support of improving them within our platform and company-wide
- Research new solutions which might help to improve the platform
- Maintains and updates existing services, technologies, and solutions
- Collaborates with team members and stakeholders to develop processes, policies, and protocols related to data platforms and systems
- Collaborates with the IT and Product Department to share knowledge and identify opportunities for improvement
WHAT MAKES YOU THE PERFECT CANDIDATE
- Practical experience and expert knowledge of AWS systems, services, and administration best-practices for stability and functionality
- Proven experience and expert knowledge of Terraform
- Experience with writing code in one of the programming languages (Golang preferred)
- Proven experience and expert knowledge of container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Proven experience with monitoring tools like Grafana, Kibana, Icinga2, Telegraf, ELK, Prometheus
- Proven experience in building and maintaining data systems, including databases, data flows, etc
- Proven experience with load balancing, production web-hosting networking, large data storage
WHAT WILL BLOW OUR MINDS OFF
- Proven experience using Ansible as a provisioning tool
- Practical experience with Go
- Experience with Redshift, Snowflake, AWS Athena
- Practical experience with PostgreSQL
WHAT YOU GET BY JOINING BRAINLY
Some of our benefits (slightly varies depending on the location):
- We want to see you grow along with us – you will have 800$ per year for personal development, extra time for attending conferences and workshops, and unlimited access to an online learning platform (courses from Coursera, Udacity, Udemy, Harvard ManageMentor, and many others!)
- Health is important, which is why at Brainly, we fully cover private health & dental care packages for you and your family and provide you with a sport card (Multisport Plus in Poland, Andjoy in Spain)
- You will also get an access to online individual psychological consultations with professionals in English & Polish via the Mental Health Helpline
- Flexible working hours – working requires communication, so we work within the European business hours, but we also know that life may be unpredictable, so if you need to jump out of work (doctor’s appointment, emergency, anything) – no problem!
- Your personal concierge AskHenry will support you in your daily duties, eg. planning your dream vacation
- We will provide you with all the necessary equipment & tools, including an additional budget for accessories which will make your remote setup even more comfortable.
- You can join internal communities and contribute to charity, diversity and inclusion initiatives, take part in great internal events or represent Brainly at conferences or meet-ups.
WHAT IS BRAINLY
Brainly is the online learning platform where over 350 million students and parents go from questioning to understanding. With their smartphones, users can snap a photo to instantly solve any problem or homework question and be matched with a Brainly product such as Community Q&A, Brainly Tutor, Math Solver or Textbook Detective.
Brainly is built to provide students, parents, experts, and teachers with a collaborative platform and tools needed to succeed in any educational environment. Based in Kraków, Poland, with U.S. headquarters in New York City, Brainly apps and websites are visited by users from over 35 countries.
Backed by Prosus, Point Nine Capital, General Catalyst, Runa Capital, Learn Capital and Kulczyk Investments. Learn more about Brainly at www.brainly.com.
By sending us your application, you agree that Brainly sp. z o.o. with its seats in Krakow, will process your data contained in the form below and in the documents you attach in to participate in recruitment. In connection with this, you have the right to withdraw your consents, the right to access to your data, the right to obtain their copy, rectify them, erase, limit their usage and also data portability right and object to their use by Brainly, as well as to lodge a complaint with the President of the UODO.