TokBox, a leader in WebRTC communications (part of Vonage), is looking for a DevOps Engineer.
We believe that there shouldn’t be walls between operations and development and we have embraced the DevOps movement.
As DevOps engineer, you will work as part of the development team to build automation and tools to deploy, monitor and maintain the platform health, targeted SLO and SLAs.
Your Role at TokBox:
- Lead the effort in ensuring reliability of the platform - have an SRE-like attitude/background.Lead all production deployments across the entire platform.
- Build/improve monitoring and alerting solutions.
- Identify weaknesses in the infrastructure and implement changes.
- Troubleshoot production issues and steer them to resolution along with Engineering and Operations.
- Adopt and implement best practices and champion an engineering culture emphasizing Agile and DevOps.
Requirements Needed so You can be Successful:
- Proven experience building and supporting high-availability Linux production distributed environments.
- Operations background and know what it takes to successfully support a platform at scale.
- Extensively worked on monitoring and alerting solutions and used tools such as Nagios, Graphite, Monit, Graphana, collectedd or Cloudwatch.
- Experience automating infrastructure management with IaaS tools like terraform and config management tools like chef.
- Experience using Docker and Kubernetes in production environments.
- Have worked within a C++/Java environment.
- Very strong RDBMS skills, especially in MySQL.
- Fluent with AWS Services, especially EC2 and S3.
- Good understanding of TCP/IP, UDP, HTTP, SSL/TLS and DNS.
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Computer Science and/or related work experience.
Nice to Have, but not Necessary:
- Working knowledge on other AWS services like Glacier, Elastic Container Service (ECS), Elastic MapReduce (EMR), DynamoDB etc.Automation and Orchestration tools such as jenkins