Upvest’s mission is to empower developers and companies building an efficient and transparent world by seamlessly integrating with blockchain technology.
We create powerful blockchain APIs and enable developers to connect to and build on major open-source protocols like Bitcoin, Ethereum and Stellar without any prior blockchain knowledge. We make it simple to start in minutes instead of months - easy, safe and affordable.
Founded by serial entrepreneurs Jesper Noehr (founder of Bitbucket, exit to Atlassian) and Martin Kassing (COO of ShopCo, exit to Klarna), Upvest has generated substantial early stage revenues and is backed by Europe’s largest VCs (e.g. Holtzbrinck Ventures).
We are a friendly bunch of 20 people, 70% engineers, just entering Series A and are planning to double our team during the next year with an exciting journey ahead of us!
Are you an experienced DevSecOps Engineer who would be eager to join a kick-ass team of blockchain engineers and take ownership for designing our secure and highly scalable cloud infrastructure to make blockchain a mass phenomenon?
- Work alongside our team of experienced blockchain engineers and take ownership for our Google Cloud Platform infrastructure from Day 1 as our dedicated DevSecOps person
- Help implement and maintain the best practices in terms of security, resiliency, monitoring and alerting
- Drive our transformation to infrastructure as code using tech of your choice
- Work with our security team to implement the principles of defence in depth, default deny and zero-trust
- Work directly with Sebastien (CSO) and Jesper (CTO)
- Improve our CI/CD pipeline including repeatable deployments which can be rolled back
- Develop long term strategies for our infrastructure and associated processes
Technologies we use:
- Python / Scala / Go / C
- Google Cloud Platform / Kubernetes / Istio / Docker / CircleCI
- Proven track record in building, maintaining and securing high performing cloud infrastructure
- Good knowledge of infrastructure as code tools like Terraform (preferred), Ansible, etc.
- Proven experience working with at least one major cloud provider like Google Cloud Platform (preferred), AWS, Azure
- Significant experience in Docker and Kubernetes
- Linux/*BSD, command line fu, bash & Python are your friends
- Experience in deploying monitoring and alerting systems
- Willing to share knowledge and best practices with others, both inside and outside Upvest
You will have a big advantage if you have:
- Significant experience in Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes and Terraform
- Understanding of Linux systems at kernel level and hardening systems/containers
- Strong experience implementing solid cloud networking configurations
- Prior experience in working with API-based products and/or blockchain systems
- A practical understanding of cryptography
- Coding or scripting skills (for example in Bash, Python, Golang)
- Personal contributions to any kind of open source projects (we deeply believe in the power of open-source)
What You Can Expect From Us
- Work in a key role at one of Europe’s fastest growing Blockchain-tech companies
- Be part of a cutting-edge blockchain engineering culture
- Well-funded venture with top international investors
- Competitive salary and employee equity
- Highly dynamic, friendly environment that allows for independent work
- Open and transparent company culture
- Numerous perks and team events like hackathons and team off-sites
Attractive relocation package:
- Full VISA sponsorship for you and your loved ones
- Paid international arrivals
- Help with apartment search
- And anything else we can do to guarantee your smooth arrival to awesome Berlin
Upvest is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applicants from any national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religious background, gender identity and those individuals with disabilities to apply.
Who checks all the boxes?! We believe in people with a great attitude and the desire to evolve constantly to make things happen nobody has done before.
If you are excited to get in touch, we are happy to get to know you and tell you more about us and our mission!