Ryanair is Europe’s favourite airline, operating more than 1,800 daily flights from 85 bases, connecting over 200 destinations in 33 countries on a fleet of over 371 Boeing 737 aircraft. Ryanair has orders for a further 293 new Boeing 737 aircraft, which will enable Ryanair to lower fares and grow traffic from 119m this year to 200m p.a. in FY24. Ryanair has a team of more than 10,000 highly skilled aviation professionals delivering Europe’s No.1 on-time performance, and has an industry leading 30-year safety record.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving systems engineering (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent practical experience.
- More than two years’ experience running production workloads in AWS.
- Strong scripting language experience (bash, Ruby, Python).
- Have a passion for automation.
- Experience with Unix/Linux operating systems internals and administration.
- Proven experience supporting internet-facing production services and distributed systems.
- Experience with DevOps concepts including Continuous Delivery, Infrastructure as Code, and Test-Driven Development.
- Experience with build automation and configuration management tools (e.g. Puppet, Chef, Ansible.).
- Experience supporting high availability internet application environments that include web, application and database servers and load balancing systems.
- Experience with data management technology including Relational Databases (RDBMS) and NoSQL.
- Ability to work independently / deliver without supervision.
- Ability to work well in a distributed team.
- Strong intrapersonal skills with the ability to work well with other team members, customers.
- Systematic problem-solving approach and a sense of ownership, customer service and drive.
- Self-motivated and eager to learn.
- Professional and open-minded attitude.
- Fluent English written and spoken.
- Strong knowledge of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) ecosystem and other core AWS technologies.
- Experience implementing DevOps practices.
- Experience of Log Analysis tools (e.g. ELK, Splunk etc)