Work as part of a small and autonomous team to develop mobile midcore games that entertain millions of players. Game Developers are responsible for the client architecture and for building a high quality and fun game. You will work closely with your game team, including backend developers, artists, and designers to deliver an epic player experience and will work with other Game Developers to share learning and best practices.
As a developer you have an interest in understanding the whole tech stack, you have good analytical capabilities, you write well-structured code, are comfortable working on complicated code-base and have a great sense of what makes a good game. We work in an agile and iterative Scrum process with frequent releases to the live environment so you will see the impact of your work almost immediately.
- Deliver high quality and well-structured code
- Design, architect and implement game features
- Take an active part in game creation and specification
- Maintain and optimize new and existing game features
- Share knowledge and help colleagues
Skills to create thrills
You are passionate about games and able to work in a flexible and fluid environment where the job will evolve over time. Skills include:
- Extensive game development experience
- Proven software development using C#
- Experience shipping at least one mobile game on Unity
- Excellent teamwork skills, flexibility, and ability to handle multiple tasks
- Passion for game development and technical challenges
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Tasty Bonus :
- Experience with Unity Networking
- Understanding of back-end and databases
- Professional experience of runtime performance optimisation, ideally on mobile titles
- Professional experience with Android or iOS development
- Experience with large C# projects
- Experience with C++/Java/Python and other languages
- Having released an indie title
- Understanding of Facebook APIs
We’re champions of creativity
We believe that great games are developed by working in small, autonomous creative teams that control the whole process – from idea to amazing game. Our close connection with and instant feedback from the player community, enables us to deliver truly magical moments. We value your free time and your need to refuel, relax and find inspiration – by playing games with your colleagues, being at home with your family or going to the gym or out for a run. That's how we stay creative. That’s why we call ourselves developers of magic and knights of creativity.
Want to join our Kingdom?
If you are interested, please apply! Applications must be in English.
The brilliant experience we give our players comes from the diversity and experience of our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. That’s why we hire all sorts of talent.
London, United Kingdom
We have developed more than 200 fun titles, and offer games in over 200 countries and regions. Our franchises include Candy Crush, Farm Heroes, Pet Rescue and Bubble Witch. We have 340 million average monthly unique users, as of second quarter 2015, across web, social and mobile platforms.
At King, we design games with a broad appeal, which allow people to play for a moment, then move on with their day and pick up their game later. Our games are also synchronized across platforms, allowing players to switch seamlessly between devices and platforms and continue their game wherever they left off, so they can play anywhere, any time and on any device. For us, this is encapsulated in the idea of bitesized entertainment.
King has game studios in Stockholm, Bucharest, Malmö, London, Barcelona, Berlin, Singapore, and Seattle, along with offices in San Francisco, Malta, Seoul, Tokyo and Shanghai.
Official website, founding date, employees, how did it all begin... Do you know the whole story?Tell Us!