This is a great opportunity to join a small but ambitious team in a fast-moving industry with an experienced founding team, strong backing (Founders Factory, Haatch Ventures, Ascension Ventures) and an array of exciting clients.
We’re looking for a Senior Developer to join our growing team based in Clerkenwell to help build out our products. The role requires the ability to work on both front and back-end systems, as well as contributing to the design and architecture of the platform.
- Building features to meet the needs of our users in an iterative manner
- Contributing ideas for how to design solutions to meet requirements
- Interviewing and recruiting team members as we grow
- Defining processes to maximise team velocity and quality
- Designing the Poplar platform to be scalable, secure, performant and reliable
- Experience with PHP, SQL and relational databases
- Experience with JS, CSS, HTML5
- Experience with front-end JS frameworks e.g. React, Vue, Angular
- Experience with build tools e.g. Grunt, Gulp, Bower, Webpack, npm
- 5+ years experience, including managing or mentoring other engineers
- Ability to design and develop APIs (including RESTful APIs)
- Understanding of how to design cloud-based systems/microservices
- Ability to use Google Analytics/other analytics platforms
- Interest in Augmented Reality
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience with version control software e.g. Git
- Experience interacting with and consuming data from third party APIs
- Experience with virtual machines e.g. Vagrant, Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience developing on top of WordPress
- Experience with other server-side languages (e.g. Python, Node.js, Ruby)
- Experience with automated testing and CI tools e.g. Travis, Jenkins
- Experience with NoSQL databases, in-memory data stores and queuing systems
- Dev ops experience
- Knowledge of AWS/Google Cloud configuration
- Experience with Google Tag Manager/other tag managers
- Ability to develop mobile apps e.g. React Native, Swift
- Experience with machine learning/AI
- Experience with augmented reality or 3D graphics
- Ability to use design packages e.g. Photoshop, Sketch
What We Offer
- Flexible working hours - we care about getting the job done more than the exact hours you’re at your desk.
- Equity - we believe employees should share in the success of the business.
- Fun and supportive culture - we firmly believe in fostering a positive work environment, which means having fun as a team while challenging ourselves.
- Support for community projects - we believe volunteering and community activities shouldn’t come out of your 25 days’ holiday allowance.
- Inspiring surroundings - our office is filled with green life, but we also take the time to run offsites elsewhere in London (and beyond).
- Opportunity to learn rapidly - you’ll be working with experienced media tech pioneers in a fast-paced company and industry.
- Dog-friendly environment - just ask our office dog, Indiya.
We are committed to building a diverse culture and are eager to receive applications from all backgrounds. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.