We're seeking a senior developer for a funded startup based in the U.S. We need a smart, dedicated, hard-working self-starter who can both manage their time and lead and develop a team of other remote developers. English speaking, writing, and reading skills are a must. Must be able to work nicely with multiple teams remotely. The position will be paid as a consultant.
Our offices are in LA, but this position will primarily be remote (we are hiring in Barcelona currently), with co-working office spaces provided if that's of interest to the candidate. There will be a need for daily Skype video calls. The founders of this startup will visit, and participate in work weeks along with you.
We offer the chance to impact the music industry, by providing advertising technology to thousands of record labels, management companies, and artists directly. We cover a wide range of artists from international pop artists, to legacy rock artists, and everything in between.
You will be a key member of a small team, with a big hand in shaping the product direction and the overall culture of the company. The company is poised to grow quickly and you will receive the trust and independence to try new things, learn and further develop your skillset, both technical and managerial.
• Be able to conceptualize and develop prototype quickly in working with Product Stakeholders
• Maintain code with a pride of ownership
• Navigate the serving stack from browser to API with ease, across multiple technologies and languages
• Own project/features development with moderate supervision
• Lead other developers to maximize their growth and success
• BS/MS in Computer Science or related field of study
• 7+ years of relevant technical experience
• Proficiency in server-side technologies including Java and Java frameworks
• Excellent written and spoken English (B2/C1 level)
• Familiarity with large-scale software architecture, distributed systems, design patterns, data structures, and UNIX/Linux environments is preferred
• Proficiency in PHP
• Proficiency with object-oriented programming and modern MVC frameworks
• Proficient with JSON and XML, regular expressions, and GIT version control
• Customer-focused, react well to changes, easily able to multi-task on multiple products and projects.
• Familiar with web sockets, RESTful API, and ZeroMQ
• Familiar with design patterns and distributed systems
• Background with ad-tech and mar-tech will be very helpful, and experience with AppNexus APIs is a strong preference
Salary: 40,000.00€ to 50,000.00€ /year