In this position, you will strengthen our agile development teams and system administration. Together with the teams you will design and improve the high-performance services based on scalable real-time databases supporting our products:
- Get involved in all phases of the product lifecycle: requirements analysis, design process, implementation, testing and deployment
- Develop and optimize components and architecture with a constant focus on scalability, performance and maintenance costs
- Create proofs for your concepts, and make data-driven decision
- Lead by providing a strong technical vision of the DB design
The assets you bring to the team:
- At least 3 years of hands-on experience with SQL databases, preferably PostgreSQL (otherwise EXASOL, MariaDB, MySQL)
- Strong grasp of NoSQL systems, especially eventual consistency and other concepts, in Cassandra, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Couchbase
- Expertise in performance tuning: While you concept and administrate DBs, you always focus on performance
- Experience with systems distributed across more than one data center
- Practical development experience which enables you to understand code and development processes
- Strong interest in DevOps automation technology (Puppet, Ansible, Docker, etc.)
- Analytical skills that enable you to understand concepts and problems quickly
- Strong interest in bleeding-edge technology, well-proven architectures, and agile culture based on good team spirit
- Creativity and the ability to convince people doing the right things first
- SQL is your mother tongue, but you also speak English and/or German
What we offer:
- Our culture embraces integrity, teamwork and innovation. Our work environment inspires your best work.
- An international team with a professional background, awesome co-workers as well as respect & support.
- Work with cutting-edge technologies (Big Data, Real-Time Advertising, Cloud Services, Retargeting, Server2Server communication, etc.) and free choice of development environment and operating system.
- Individual training offers, subsidisation of Berlin company ticket and many team events and lots of goodies.
We look forward to receiving your application, including your salary expectations, in addition to your earliest possible starting date. If available, please provide us with relevant certificates and references.