The New Relic One Dashboards / DataViz Team is growing, and we are looking for passionate front-end engineers with experience in the Data Visualization field to join us!
As part of this hybrid platform-product team, you’ll collaborate with Product and Design to define our charting library's new visualizations, you’ll write reliable and scalable code to implement them, and later on will use New Relic itself to monitor it all.
We value personal respect, work/life balance, learning from each other, ownership of code, and accountability at all levels.
- Employee resource groups to support a diverse workforce
- Communities of practice, connecting engineers with similar technical interests
- 10 weeks of fully paid parental leave covering maternity, paternity or adoption, complementing and extending the social security benefit
- Opportunity to work on a fast-growing software company that cares about our culture
We are a fully front-end team with a healthy balance of very experienced engineers and developers at the beginning of their career path, with a strong culture of autonomy, collaboration, ownership, and continuous improvement.
We own the UI of the next generation Dashboards product of New Relic, plus a number of supporting UI libraries to enable the rest of the company (with 60+ product teams) to build and render their own data visualization solutions. This is where your focus would be at.
What You’ll Do
- Optimize for codebase and product stability, and target use case growth
- Help us design the software in a way which allows us to produce highly performant and flexible user interfaces
- Keep learning and growing with us, pushing us to become a better team and a better company
- Experience with Data Visualization libraries such as D3, and general interest in data visualization
- Comfortable using native JS APIs, like performing raw DOM manipulations, traversals, etc.
- Knowledge about browser performance optimization. You are familiar with the concept of reflows, repaints, viewport virtualization, the event-based JS model, etc.
- Familiar with data structures: you can explain the difference between a Set and an Array, Maps, etc.
- Familiar with the SVG specification, HTML and CSS knowledge.
- Experience with React is a plus, but not required at all.
- Interest in learning new languages, platforms, and ideas
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment focused on delivering production code at a regular cadence using Agile techniques, tools, and methodologies
- You are at your best when being deeply involved in the ideation and definition phase of any new feature you will end up building
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
This position is in our Barcelona office, which was established on October 2014 with our acquisition of Ducksboard, a privately held startup. We provide challenging work, opportunities to learn, high quality teammates, a standard-setting product, and a company on the move. We offer:
- Competitive salary.
- Equity compensation plan.
- Performance reviews twice a year.
- Work-life balance and flexible schedule.
- Amazing and fun work environment.
- Private health insurance for you and your family, including dental coverage.
- Retirement fund and Life insurance.
- English and Spanish language classes.
- Office located in the center of Barcelona, very close to public transportation.
- We provide ergonomic furniture (chairs, desks) to keep you healthy and comfy.
- Fresh fruits, snacks and beverages.
- We support technical meetups, both local and international.
- We help with relocation.
We are passionate about data visualizations in real time, APIs, intuitive UX and beautiful design. We have no dogma but do whatever makes sense to deliver state of the art products.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.