FilledThis offer is not available anymore
Doctrine builds a legal research and analytics software for legal professionals, law firms, companies, and individuals to search through the law, manage their cases, and grow their business. We're building the future of law, using the latest technologies in artificial intelligence to analyze court decisions and provide deep insights and data analytics solutions to our customers. This year, we're doubling in size and our challenge is to offer these cutting edge technologies through the most simple, efficient and well designed product to new customers.
At Doctrine, we apply cutting edge machine learning (including deep learning) and natural language processing (NLP) technologies to the largest database of court decisions ever gathered. Data is the core of our business.
As it takes exceptional people to build the future of law, we are looking for an exceptional Senior Data Scientist to make an impact in extracting relevant information from our massive dataset of legal documents and making legalese understandable!
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will:
- Interact cross-functionally with a wide variety of people and teams; work closely with engineers to identify opportunities for, design, and assess improvements to Doctrine.
- Develop NLP systems that help us structure and understand legal documents.
- Design and build customized, large-scale cloud-based machine learning systems.
- Provide technical leadership, recommend and enforce best practices, develop engineering strategy and roadmap
We’re looking for teammates with:
- A strong interest in Artificial Intelligence and how it will shape our future.
- Great software development skills in Python, with a focus for building sound and scalable algorithms.
- 5 years of relevant work experience in data analysis or related field. (e.g., as a statistician / data scientist / computational biologist / bioinformatician)
- 3 years of people management / leadership experience
- A good knowledge of machine learning. (both classical methods and deep learning approaches)
- An exposure to NLP methods and challenges: you’ll implement Named Entity Recognition, Text Classification, Topic Modeling, Text Chunking, and Text Summarization algorithms.
- Excitement about taking cutting-edge technologies and techniques to one of the most important and most conservative industries.
- A passion for finding, analyzing, and incorporating the latest research directly into the production environment.
- Good intuition for understanding what good research looks like, and where we should focus effort to maximize outcomes.
Bonus points if you have:
- 7 years of relevant work experience (e.g., as a statistician / computational biologist / bioinformatician / data scientist), including deep expertise and experience with statistical data analysis such as linear models, multivariate analysis, stochastic models, sampling methods. Analytical engagements outside class work while at school can be included.
- 5 years of people management / leadership experience. Demonstrated willingness to both teach others and learn new techniques, including people management.
- A good knowledge of French, as you will process French court decisions. It is not required to have an experience in the legal field for this job, however, some interest in law is always a plus.
- An experience with managing large-scale crowd-sourcing data labeling and acquisition. (Amazon Turk, Crowdflower, etc.)
- Demonstrated skills in selecting the right statistical tools given a data analysis problem. Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills.
Remote applicants: This position is based out of our office in Paris. If you're interested in remote work, check back soon as our needs may change!
Is this role not an exact fit? We're always looking for new people to transform the law! Apply here to stay in touch, we'll let you know when we have new positions on the team.
Doctrine company page is empty
Add a description and pictures to attract more candidates and boost your employer branding.