Stuart is a leading last mile delivery platform that connects small and big businesses to a fleet of geolocalised couriers. We empower thousands of companies across Europe by providing same-day delivery, next-day delivery and return solutions. We work across verticals with retailers, grocery stores, restaurants and ecommerce merchants to enable smarter transportation models.
Our office is located in Carrer de Pau Claris, one street away from Gaudi's famous Casa Milà.
We are looking for an Operations Research Expert to join a fun crew of 7 Physicists, Mathematicians and Engineers who compose our Data Science team, striving to provide the most efficient and highest performing algorithms in the delivery industry.
You will join our dispatch division, the team that focuses on our dispatch algorithm, our crown jewel, participating in the research on new algorithms and methods to address emerging business opportunities, leveraging our machine learning services for making better decisions and collaborate with our Platform team to deliver a scalable, high-performance, low-latency real time dispatch engine. Our ultimate goal is to understand the business, determine the limits of state-of-the-art solutions, and to break them!
If you are passionate about high performance algorithms for complex problems, big data technologies or mathematical modeling of business problems, we can guarantee you're in for a ride.
- Participate in the scientific discussions about our algorithms and provide original insights.
- Design experiments and A/B tests to verify our hypotheses, and analyze the data to support them.
- Contribute in the data-driven mathematical modeling of our fleets and to extract business value from those models.
- Play and explore with data and technology, to come up with groundbreaking ideas that our product team would have not dreamt in their wildest dreams.
- 3+ years of experience as Operations Research practitioner, Data Scientist or any similar role (at least 2 years in non-academic positions)
- Solid background in probability/statistics. PhD in quantitative Sciences (Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Biology)
- Proven experience in Operations Research, Mathematical Programming and Discrete Optimization
- Fluent in Python or Scala
Nice to have experience
- SQL and some NoSQL database, such as MongoDB
- Event-driven architecture (Kafka Streams, Spark Streaming, Flink, etc…)
- Distributed computing (Spark, Hadoop, etc…)
- Machine Learning
- Great compensation package
- Good work-life balance: work from home, flexible hours, extra days off
- Learning and training opportunities
- Tangible career development possibilities as we grow strong 🚀
- Meal vouchers
- Nursery vouchers for childcare
- Monthly gym allowance to use in any gym or for any sport class
- Excellent family private health care
- Annual company offsite – Ibiza last year
"Logistics for a sustainable world." That is the mission at the heart of Stuart Delivery. While customer expectations around the delivery experience are skyrocketing, cities are limiting traditional logistics methods to improve congestion, pollution and liveability. The convergence of these two trends means that a disruptive approach to last mile delivery is not a nice-to-have but rather an inevitability.
Stuart sits at the crossroads of the future, using our best-in-class proprietary dispatch technology to connect small and big businesses alike to a shared fleet of geolocalised couriers. The result? Efficient, reliable, eco-friendly delivery to help retailers to meet their customers' demands.
We launched in 2015 with a big vision and a handful of clients. Five years later, couriers on our platform complete tens of millions of deliveries annually for the biggest brands across retail, e-commerce, grocery and food.
Stuart is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Stuart mission is to become the on-demand delivery leader in every supercity of the world through a simpler, quicker and cheaper transportation model.
From data scientists to restless couriers, designers to operation managers… Stuart strength rests upon our plurality of skills and expertise, building up our unique team. They operate from their headquarters in Barcelona, as in Paris, Brussels, London and Berlin, the first cities they'll ride through.
Co-Founded in 2015 by D. Leca (Sparrow founder acquired by Google in 2012), Stuart is now backed by great entrepreneurs such as J.D. Blanc (Allociné), J.A. Granjon (Vente-privee.com) and O. Mathiot (PriceMinister), with a total investment of €22 million.