Lingokids mission is to help 100 million families around the world raise amazing children through playlearning™. To help us on this mission, we’re looking for a Senior Data Scientist that will be joining us remotely or in HQ located in sunny Spain.
We’re the playlearning™ app for more than 20 million families around the world. We teach kids important skills in English and help them discover their natural superpowers. Creativity. Collaboration. Critical thinking. Communication. These are some of the skills that children need to thrive. Parents can join the adventure of learning too. We’ve developed more than 600 games and activities kids and parents can play together. Our dream is to have a positive impact on 100 million families and we’re playworking™ hard to make it a reality… if you feel this dream could be your dream too, keep reading!
Are you ready to Playwork™ with us?
You should be a sharp, curious, and autonomous fast-paced analytical individual who has a passion for going deep into data and understanding how kids and parents use our service, and which are the opportunities to improve our product.
This role works closely with the Product team and helps them understand how users interact with our app and how we can improve their experiences. You will build advanced predictive models to capture user behavior, create actionable customer segmentation models, and improve our A/B testing framework.
You will make your own cycle of data extraction: data analysis, data interpretation, summarizing data through presentations and visualizations, building statistical models, creating data tools, providing insights, making recommendations, and communicating to the team.
You will also get to work on:
- Build analytical solutions, advanced models to help other teammates in their work and to sustain our company strategy.
- Build compelling data visualizations to communicate data-driven insights.
- Generating relevant and clear insights, identify and clearly articulate recommendations drawn from data.
- Keep a pulse on day-to-day performance KPIs.
- Owning data definition. Making clear, attainable, and consistent definitions for data and communicating to the team to have a quality data-driven decision-making environment.
- Work with the data engineering team to ensure the effectiveness and accuracy of our data and request missing pieces in data extraction
- Manage new data sources. Check if we are missing important data needed for our models, and manage with other teams to collect this info properly.
- Support ad-hoc analysis as impact analysis, data inconsistencies investigation, experiment results interpretation, etc.
Are you our Senior Data Scientist?
- We are looking for someone with experience developing advanced analytical solutions, using databases and analytics tools, ideally in a Startup environment, for at least 4 years.
- Have experience building statistical and machine learning (supervised/unsupervised) models, measuring their performance, extracting insights from them, and running them in production environments.
- Experienced in the data extract, transform and load process including data cleansing and quality review
- You should have a degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science, or another quantitative discipline.
- Have proficiency with SQL and experience with R or Python and any data viz tool.
- Are always curious and enthusiastic about learning new analytical methods.
- Have worked with large volumes of data and have strong decision-making with imperfect information.
- English is a must. We are a multicultural team and we are providing a service in English.
- Unlimited remote working
You can choose to work from home indefinitely or attend to the office whenever you feel like it.
- Flexible hours
We care about the results you bring to the team. 9 to 6 and constant commuting is not for us either.
- Visa Sponsorship
If you need a visa to work in the EU, Lingokids will assist you during the visa process, costs-included.
- Feedback culture
Feedback is the breakfast of champions, and we take it seriously!
- Professional growth
Up to €2.000 per year for conferences, books and training.
- Language Lessons
Language learning is what we’re all about! We’ll cover language classes for you to learn Spanish, English or Portuguese.
- Stock options
Joining Lingokids means you can choose to own part of the company.
- Free friday lunch
Company allowance to be able to order lunch every Friday with Deliveroo!
- Happy Hours & Retreats
From casual drinks after work to our annual retreat, you’ll have tons of opportunities to get to know your colleagues.
- Diverse environment
Multicultural team with +19 nationalities and day-to-day work in English.
We’re the playlearning™ app for more than 20 million families around the world. We teach kids important skills in English and help them discover their natural superpowers. Creativity. Collaboration. Critical thinking. Communication. These are some of the skills that children need to thrive. Parents can join the adventure of learning too. We’ve developed more than 600 games and activities kids and parents can play together.Our dream is to have a positive impact on 100 million families and we’re playworking™ hard to make it a reality… if you feel this dream could be your dream too, reach out!